Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deathwing in Stormwind event

So from what I understand, Sometime before Cata is released, likely when the Shattering hits, Deathwing will make an appearance in Stormwind and tear things up. Is this something that players can be in Stormwind and see as it happens? And if so will he attack Stormwind more than once so players have a better chance of experiencing it?
    Last edited by kyoharu; 2010-11-18 at 07:04 PM.

Deleted
    No...

He just randomly appears everywhere till his raid

Quote Originally Posted by kyoharu View Post
    So from what I understand, Sometime before Cata is released, likely when the Shattering hits, Deathwing will make an appearance in Stormwind and tear things up. Is this something that lpayers can be in Stormwind and see as it happens? And if so will he attack Stormwind more than once so players have a better chance of experiencing it?
    You are referring to the so called "Phase 5".

Deleted
    I am not sure on this either, isn't 4.0.3a supposably when Deathwing has allready destroyed the areas as we know them. And we're in 4.0.3 now. So will it be a cinematic? or a hotfix for the event where Deathwing appears to destroy the major capitals?

Deleted
    Doubtful.

Deathwing will just probably fly around Azeroth and set ground on fire. It would be hard to make destruction of Stormwind in real time for players to see it. We won't see big sea wave destroying Ashenvale as well. It will just "be done" after 4.0.3a, we will see the results of Deathwing's actions, not these actions themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No...

He just randomly appears everywhere till his raid
    Rumor has it that Deathwing attacking SW will be an actual part of the pre-Cata events. And by rumor I mean someone said something to that effect on MMOwned not that I take anything on that site seriously.

The cinematic is supposed to explain the time between 4.0.3 and 4.0.3a

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    You are referring to the so called "Phase 5".
    There is no Phase 5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Thank you for that.

I'm sorry to say, you're not going to see deathwing rip the world apart. You're not going to see Deathwing tear up Stormwind either. Patch 4.0.3a will come, the world will be changed, and that's it. Deathwing will randomly spawn around places and breath fire and kill alot of people, but that's it. No carnage, no destruction. As others said, the cinematic is the only thing that's supposed to show the time between 4.0.3 and 4.0.3a. And if he does happen to spawn at stormwind, all he'll do is kill people. Kind of like Kazzak I suppose. But probably not to that extent.

My guess is if they do decide to put the events into a cinematic or even short in-game, so we don't log in and say "hey, new world, would ya look at that!" that they will go with a death of Cairne for Horde and trashing of SW for Alli. Just my 2 cents though.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

I'm pretty sure they said a long time ago that when the shattering hits, you'll log on, the cinematic will play, and then into the new world you go. So technically its not just "log on and everythings new", its "log on, watch Deathwing burst out and wreck the planet over the course of an unspecified amount of time, and then play the new stuff"

Quote Originally Posted by Mossmantle View Post
    My guess is if they do decide to put the events into a cinematic or even short in-game, so we don't log in and say "hey, new world, would ya look at that!" that they will go with a death of Cairne for Horde and trashing of SW for Alli. Just my 2 cents though.
    Yah, but i think the whole Cairne/Magni thing could take place After 4.0.3a...

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of want that to happen for two reasons.
    1) It'd be cool
    2)It would put a virtual boot up the ass of people who are all "RAWRAWRAWRAWRAWR THEY FAVOUR HORDE" over the Orgimmar update.
    Can you believe some of them are even pissed off Lor'themar got a unique model? Outrageous. Makes me want to ditch the Alliance.

On topic, I think you'll just log in one day and POOF THE WORLD IS DIFFERENT.

Quote Originally Posted by haydude View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said a long time ago that when the shattering hits, you'll log on, the cinematic will play, and then into the new world you go. So technically its not just "log on and everythings new", its "log on, watch Deathwing burst out and wreck the planet over the course of an unspecified amount of time, and then play the new stuff"
    ^^ Except it will happen when you open WoW, before you log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    so deathwing destroy everything we know in 2:33 minutes?

lore wise you character is suck in northrend waiting for the boat home at this time

Deathwing is crafty. He manages to change the world while every single player is asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanturotar View Post
    so deathwing destroy everything we know in 2:33 minutes?
    Do you even know the work it'd take to watch him DESTROY the world? Make giant fissures in the barrens? Destroy the towers in stormwind? It's not going to happen. Watch the cinematic, use your imagination because that's all you're getting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwing View Post
    Deathwing is crafty. He manages to change the world while every single player is asleep.
    He knows if you've been naughty!