10+ Year Old Account

Thirty-Seven Cents to the Person Who Can Make a Better Gearscore.

So I have 37 cents in my pocket. 0.272 Euros (according to Google) for you non-Americans :P

I will personally deliver this 37 cents to the person who can create an add-on that, while similar to Gearscore, would ultimately be far superior and replace it.

Said addon must do several things:
    1) Gear- Keep the current system of gearscore that rates gear.
    2) Achievements- Add a rating system that looks at and analyzes a persons achievements. In particular, the current tier raid achievements, with points of lesser value given to achievements of a previous tier. Perhaps bonuses given to completing achievements accomplished during the time a tier was "relevant".
    3) Specialization- Add a feature that looks at a target's spec, and then gives a rating based on how similar that spec is to current, acceptable class standards.
    4) Gems- Something analyzing a targets gems...however in the brief time I've spent writing this I haven't thought of an acceptable solution

Also, the author may implement these 4 categories in any method they deem appropriate and fair. But the 4 categories must remain! These categories can be combined into one rating, but it is preferable if a separate rating can be viewed for each category.

A disclaimer must be posted when using/installing/patching/whatevering the add-on that it is only a guideline and not to be strictly used to analyze a players worth, that it is just a TOOL! This disclaimer must be a highly visible and ever present reminder.

The add-on MUST be named "Thirty-Seven Cents". Because it's random and original. Or it can be named any other amount of currency that is equivalent to .37 American dollars at the date of November 18th, 2010 at the time 3:24 eastern. Also I want a credit somewhere in the add-on

Or...You can download this: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tistgroup.aspx
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg Says; 2010-11-18 at 08:33 PM.
    Lightning Fast

can I take elitist group and rename it?
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    can I take elitist group and rename it?
    doh
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg Says; 2010-11-18 at 08:32 PM.
    Lightning Fast

you know the lastest GS does all of that right? well the "newest that will be coming out dec 7th"

Something like this already exists.... it's called "GearScore". All they need to do is get rid of the tooltip portion that sums only gear into a single generic number, so that you have, HAVE to inspect someone to get the full picture. If you target someone and click on your GS addon, or type /gs it shows what you ask about the person (sans proper gems) on a single page for you to view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Well cool
    Lightning Fast

well if someone could turn this http://be.imba.hu/ into an addon, then you have ur answer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myte342 View Post
    Something like this already exists.... it's called "GearScore". All they need to do is get rid of the tooltip portion that sums only gear into a single generic number, so that you have, HAVE to inspect someone to get the full picture. If you target someone and click on your GS addon, or type /gs it shows what you ask about the person (sans proper gems) on a single page for you to view.
    Let's be honest. Not very many people use that part of the add-on. 90% of people look at the tool tip number and nothing else
    Lightning Fast

What you have described is already available.
    Boub even gave it some front page time

Now, go find who made this addon, and personally hand them the money
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Bolvar: Dammit! Kel'Thuzad, its happened again! I need you to go to get me more ice!
    Kel'Thuzad: But my master, the corner store is all the way in Kalimdor!

do they make one based on something like instance and raid acheives only? lol that be a ton of fun >_<
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    What you have described is already available.
    Boub even gave it some front page time
    Well I guess it needs more front page time!

Also, I highly approve of your Avatar.
    Lightning Fast

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Says View Post
    Let's be honest. Not very many people use that part of the add-on. 90% of people look at the tool tip number and nothing else
    That's why I said they should get rid of the tooltip option, it makes 99% of the effort to produce the addon lost on most people >< they should really drop that part in 4.03a.... please!

I have a mod that does that called "enable thinking". Unfortunately if you can't run this mod, you probably can't actually contextualise or properly interpret gearscore, or elitist groups or anything like and use them (improperly) as a crutch to cover for your poor raiding skills. At the end of the day, people are asking a mod to think for them, but even such mods aren't designed to be used without some thought and understanding what the data it yeilds means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternatively you could smash your head into a wall and do "eeny meeny miney mo" and get the same result as gearscore.

The problem with such a mod that checks spec and gear is that they are so subjective. Apart from changing constantly and needing updates they change with gearing. Also, specs can be opinionated constantly, for example, unholy dks can put 1 free point into magic supression which gives Anti Magic Shell a Runic power gain when it absorbs damage. It is usually the biggest dps increase aswell.

Putting those points into a shorter cooldown on death grip or maxing out desecration is viable also and works for soem content such as heroic lich king as a valk snare.

Achievements is also a bad thing to include, why? EVERY boss can be done with carrying someone. People buy heroic lich king kills. You think they learn the fight for that? No, they jump off the platform.

I do recall an addon being posted called "TRH" that was vastly superior to GearScore and enabled to quickly determine a player.

Pretty much the play style on my server as well........

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Says View Post
    This pretty much sums it up. For more Gearscore-specific discussion, please see the existing threads.