Thread: RET Questions

RET Questions

So i just got on my ret pally and did an raid for the first time was pulling like 14k in ICC. But i was wondering i thought i saw that blizzard was taking out the fact that u needed one holy power for divine storm just wanted to see if i wasnt the only one who heard that and what stats should i reforge to mastery? Other than extra hit and Exp

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret's mastery is pretty crappy at the moment. I wouldn't bother.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinc View Post
    So i just got on my ret pally and did an raid for the first time was pulling like 14k in ICC. But i was wondering i thought i saw that blizzard was taking out the fact that u needed one holy power for divine storm just wanted to see if i wasnt the only one who heard that and what stats should i reforge to mastery? Other than extra hit and Exp
    No one really knows for sure if it's intended or bugged, I'm saying it's bugged because every ability in the game that gives you the ability to use something without resources doesn't require anything. Now we are Paladins and at times we are the exception to the rule so maybe they felt you needed to have 3HP for Zealotry and 1 HP for anything else before HoL worked if that is the case they took a failure of a Mastery and made it worse, Not sure how but they did it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Str-haste-crit/mastery is the stat priority I believe. And ya, I read that they were making DS not require HoPo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Str-haste-crit/mastery is the stat priority I believe. And ya, I read that they were making DS not require HoPo.
    indeed, mastery is the last thing you want since ours is super duper shit-tastic. DS will be its own ability and "supposedly" share a cd with CS.
    Last edited by Evilmonkey; 2010-11-18 at 10:40 PM.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

thanks for the replies but i dont think the divine storm no holy power needed was a bug. I thought i saw it on some upcoming patch notes

15+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the replies but i dont think the divine storm no holy power needed was a bug. I thought i saw it on some upcoming patch notes
    I definitely misread your question. It is changing to share a CD with CS and no longer being HP related still not good but better then being HP based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, it's being changed to cost mana instead of Holy Power, but sharing a cooldown with Crusader Strike.

atm there are a couple of bugs with Hand of Light(our mastery). one being that it requires atleast one HoPo to use HoL and on the Beta it requires and uses the one HoPo inorder to use HoL.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    atm there are a couple of bugs with Hand of Light(our mastery). one being that it requires atleast one HoPo to use HoL and on the Beta it requires and uses the one HoPo inorder to use HoL.
    I havent been on beta or the PTR lately but many are saying that these "bugs" you're talking about is actually intended. I don't really know what to believe tbh, I do hope it's a bug though.
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Critterbot View Post
    I havent been on beta or the PTR lately but many are saying that these "bugs" you're talking about is actually intended. I don't really know what to believe tbh, I do hope it's a bug though.
    Hand of Light's tooltip hasn't changed, so it's certainly a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Hand of Light's tooltip hasn't changed, so it's certainly a bug.
    Doesnt it say something like "Use your current holy power as it was 3 HP's" and in that case its not a bug?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by macke View Post
    Doesnt it say something like "Use your current holy power as it was 3 HP's" and in that case its not a bug?
    "Your autoattacks have a 8% chance to grant Hand of Light, causing your next Holy Power ability to consume no Holy Power and to cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed. Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1%."

It says it consumes no Holy Power. Using it consumes Holy Power. One of these two is incorrect.