Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    To be honest in PvE you will find you get by without having to chance stance at all through the levelling process. However in PvP, as I found, it can be quite different.

When doing my usual read up on the class I am/was about to level I copied all the weapon swapping / stance changing macro's and put them on my action bars but found that it was just causing more confusion.

Instead what I recommend is try keeping it basic and add the macro's as you find you need them, much less daunting and a better, more casual, learning curve.
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

In PvE no stance dancing is ever really required, but if you are good with it and quick you can do all kinds of useful things. For example, stance switching to intervene a ranged in a raid to get out of defile for example, or quickly shield walling to avoid an attack that would kill you, that kind of stuff. Cant tell you how many times shield walling/blocking after a bladestorm when I didnt realize the pug tank didnt know how to get anything resembling decent threat saved me back in the day.

In PvP if ur not stance switching or weapon swaping dont play a warrior. Its required. Unless ur prot, then its ok I guess (ive always been arms).

Ty alot for the awsome answers guys. One last request tho.

Plz link to a url that has the basic macros for stancedancing. spell reflect etc etc..- ty guys

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    honestly i think stance dancing is what makes warriors and feral durid pvp fun....imo
    Exactly, thats why I love PvP on a warrior.

Deleted
    I think warrior stancedancing is the equivilent of soulshards for locks, or holypower for shamans, or totems for shamans, they are part of what makes a warrior... a warrior, if we didnt have stances it would feel like a 3.0 retpala and nobody wants any more faceroll

Stance dancing is kinda gone though...Intercept and Intervene are the only abilities we really need to change stances for now. We have Pummel in Battle Stance as well as Spell Reflect. Weapon Swaps are really the only thing needed now. At least from an Arms PvP point of view.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotyou View Post
    Mkay. I willl have a go with it. Also i know fury was supperior to lvl with a few patches ago. But since Victory Rush gives health back aswell now maybe it dosnt matter what specc?

And yesi realize i will be forced to tank aswell =)
    Fury is now the most subpar leveling spec due to the hit rating requirements of the spec. With the rage normalization hit rating is paramount to everything until you are getting near the 27% mark. Arms if you spec into the heals will be a much better choice and the on demand cc (throwdown) is pretty amazing. If you dont got the gear to maintain fury go arms

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    Stance dancing is kinda gone though...Intercept and Intervene are the only abilities we really need to change stances for now. We have Pummel in Battle Stance as well as Spell Reflect. Weapon Swaps are really the only thing needed now. At least from an Arms PvP point of view.
    Disarm, Shield Wall, Recklessness, Shield Block and changing back to what stance you want to use after using these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors have a Battle Stance? And what's this Defensive Stance that keeps coming up?

Stance dancing is almost entirely a PVP element to playing a warrior. It's an archaic and frankly not fun game mechanic that anyone who can write a basic macro can almost completely circumvent. Don't let it deter you from playing a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    Disarm, Shield Wall, Recklessness, Shield Block and changing back to what stance you want to use after using these.
    Yes, but those abilities are long(er) cooldowns, which is why I did not include them, since it's not a lot of constant shifting to use them.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Deleted
    Having leveled 3 warriors to 80 and a warrior being the only class i've PVP'ed extensively with, I can honestly say stance dancing is not annoying + things got better with the latest patch e.g. being able to pummel in battle stance. You'll definately need macros to shield block/wall/disarm/intervene in defensive stance and to intercept/recklessness in bers. stance. Other macros involve weapon swaps for spell reflect etc. and a macro to return you to battle stance from any stance e.g.

#showtooltip charge
    /cast [nostance:1] Battle Stance; Charge

You wont regret making one, it's so rewarding :-).

Can only say go for it, warriors is amazing atm even for leveling you dont wait for abilites or rage anymore, well rage in some situations but not in a bad way. Was doing some ab pvp with my level 24 orc suddenly i was level 30 and just to get a few levels before signing up for ab again i went to scarlet monestary soloed libary twice and took 4 levels, even without rested exp each level took 8-11min, this was as arms and had the heirloom items.

And its also amazing for pvp sure you will get annoyed over beeing frozen dazed ect, all things that keep you out of melee range and oneshot by rogues at lower levels but then charging in and smacking a mage for 1300 damage mortal strike at level 34 is priceless and at lower levels stance dancing aint very important you can incorporate it while you level but can do fine with just battlestance for most things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    The clunkyness of stance dancing was hard to balance around, I hope you realise this regardless of nostalgia goggles.
    True, but it was still an interesting mechanic to build up on - one which kept warrior PvP from simple button mashing.
    Oh well...

10+ Year Old Account
    The Entire time I've played a Warrior (PVE) I've hardly changed Stances. Examples include:

Battlestance -> Thunderclap for Large AOE Slow Debuff (unnecessary :P, but it buffed Mage AOE!)

Defensive -> Intervene for Quickly jumping to Bite Targets on Blood Queen Lanathel, Jumping around on Lady Deathwhisper/Valithria, moving across the room or passing a plague in Professor Putricide, dropping the slime on Rotface, Moving across the room in BPC (especially Heroic), quickly getting above the stairs in Air phases on Sindragosa, and getting away from anything / to anywhere on LK lol. Plenty of uses for this dance. (but with Heroic Leap, even on a longish cooldown can probably fill this mechanic now, it's not like you were using intervene on Cooldown, just every so often and 1 minute CD might just be enough)

Defensive -> Equip Shield -> Shield Wall was great for surviving something you probably wouldn't of if you didn't use the macro (pull threat, low HP and upcoming high dmg AOE soon) or if you want to pickup tank something after a tank died so they can get a Bres back on the tank, buff and he can pick it up - very rare use but still.

Just the few I can think of, usually require pressing the button a few times to get it to work properly. Wasn't too bad and it's nice knowing when you do smart things that you're probably being better than the good MAJORITY of other Warriors out there.
    Last edited by MildCore; 2010-11-22 at 12:50 PM.
    We're all just a bunch of nut-cases or people egging on nut-cases or people trying to rationalize with nut-cases or people accidentally trying to rationalize with eggers and we all decided for ourselves who each other are. I've returned to deciding that we're all just a bunch of nut-cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    I successfully play a PvE Fury Warrior and I don't have to stance dance. I don't see my Arms counterparts doing it either.

I can see it as a PvP thing, but I'm 95% sure it's not important to PvE.
    And there I thought it couldn't be MORE obvious since you even had talents to stay in X stance with Y spec...

Anyway, yes Stancedancing has almost(!) no implementation in PvE unless something OSHI... happens. In PvP there's a LOT of dancing, though I remember a time when I thought it would suck also, but it turned out to be one of my favourite things. Seeing your character dance around with different special move animations and then suddenly shout, change stance and intercept another guy, starting a special move animation spamfest on his face aswell is somewhat...enjoyable.

Switched from a rogue main to warrior. Let me tell you, once you get the hang of stance dancing etc you WILL get addicted to playing a warrior. It's soo much fun. Both pve and pvp