Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lancelot123 View Post
    That is just one thing they have in common. There is no way to know for sure that this has only to do with healing.

They all are the 4 big hybrid classes that have "nerfed" dps compared to "pure" dps classes. Maybe they are doing something to the DPS trees of these classes.
    I cannot state anything here as I don't play on live nor on beta at the moment, but I've been tracking class changes quite thoroughly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the changes made about one and a half month ago (fury, arms, feral changes) no other major changes were announced. Plus, a mere month ago ferals' rip was ticking for 6k and shadowpriests were the closest class to be called overpowered in a long time, wouldn't call them first in line to be buffed. Adjusted, minor changes, maybe.

Having that said its obvious nothing's set in stone, but observing Blizzard's policy in the last 4 years I wouldn't expect any major changes that players long to see before the expansion to be made. If things turn out to be as needing adjusting as they do now, it will be done in the following weeks of the Cataclysm.

Deleted
    * Chain Heal mana cost increased from 17% to 20% of base mana.
    * Earthliving Weapon now only has 25% of its full chance to proc from a single hop of Chain Heal.

Elemental

* Elemental Reach now also increases Searing Totem range by 7/15 yards.
    * Fulmination now has a Spell Alert visual associated with it, which appears when the shaman gets to 9 Lightning Shield charges.
    So ... that's all?
    A (quite massive and very, very unnecessary) resto nerf, ONE talent change, and power aura for fulmination.

I am so totally underwhelmed, i could run in circles and scream!

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    So ... that's all?
    A (quite massive and very, very unnecessary) resto nerf, ONE talent change, and power aura for fulmination.

where did you get this info?

i'm sad..want to roll druid...

EDIT::nvm front page updated.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot123 View Post
    That is just one thing they have in common. There is no way to know for sure that this has only to do with healing.

They all are the 4 big hybrid classes that have "nerfed" dps compared to "pure" dps classes. Maybe they are doing something to the DPS trees of these classes.
    4 big hybrid classes that have nerfed dps = 4 healing classes. Because the whole point of "nerfed hybrid dps" is because those classes can throw out heals when the shit hits the fan

This

So ... that's all?

stop QQ.

actually i'm QQing too so lets QQ together =[

Yeah, a bit disappointed that there weren't more tweaks to Shammies. I thought for sure that Enhancement would get something to fix the hole in their rotations.

In saying that, we could have copped a 12% nerf across the board like Warlocks... what am I saying.. we're already dealing with that aren't we? haha.

At least we didn't get a lot more changes though. They seem to have left the class pretty much well untouched save for healing rain, but other hybrid healers copped the same anyway,

All in all though, can't wait for the patch to go live.

yeah, i find it mean that they added shamans to the "getting a talent tree rework" list. No one would have been mad if they just told us the changes they made (what, a healing nerf which was across the board, and a poweraura?), but instead they got all us enhancers worked up.

btw dombomb:
    "4 big hybrid classes that have nerfed dps = 4 healing classes. Because the whole point of "nerfed hybrid dps" is because those classes can throw out heals when the shit hits the fan"
    hah, good joke. an enh sham can throw out maybe 6 haphazard heals before he has to go back to beating on the target to regen mana. if shit had hit the fan by that time, enh shams trying to heal wont change anything.

I have a question of my own. A few builds had various changes to the enhancement class, but I don't see anything about it in the patch notes. Did they just scrap them altogether or did they just forget enhancement was in the game?

probably they've been messing with the healing spells for all 4 classes and have got them to a point they are happy with but with messing with the spells behind the scenes they may end up with a scene where person x gets one spell version and person y gets spell z for example so to ensure theres no trouble they can nuke every healers spells so nothing is left behind

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Bet they just put Shaman there to %^&$ with us :<
    Probably but there are a few changes.

Deleted
    Confused with the Resto changes. I didn't think resto was looking that great in pve content, so confused to why they have nerfed chain heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is chain heal really getting that nerfed pearroc? From what I can tell its only 3% more base mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbalt View Post
    Glad to see I was not the only who was curious haha. Even without any information, the only thing that is kinda interesting (atleast to myself) is that all the classes getting talent points refunded are all the healing classes. Granted it could honestly be anything really, just makes me wonder.
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head. All the healing classes kept getting substantial changes in beta. Making some talents better than what they were now, some not. Some healing talents also got unlinked -- Druids Fury Stormrage (or whatever it's called) is an example. If you aren't a healer then you basically just get a free respec out of it =P. That's the main reason though is because of all the healing changes that kept going underway.

It keeps getting worse to be a shaman

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pearroc View Post
    Confused with the Resto changes. I didn't think resto was looking that great in pve content, so confused to why they have nerfed chain heal.
    CH had great HPM.

It was around ~4k mana for ~6+5+4+3k healing (w/o crits of course).

Not sure what the cost will be now, but i don't see this change gamebreaking to be honest

Two weeks more and we'll see what's the state of Resto shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    It keeps getting worse to be a shaman

I really... REALLY hope this is a bug.

Why do they keep nerfing shamans? We're not that fucking great.... AT ALL.

Un-be-fucking-lievable.

Deleted
    they remove a druid link in resto tree!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sismofytten View Post
    I really... REALLY hope this is a bug.

Why do they keep nerfing shamans? We're not that fucking great.... AT ALL.

Un-be-fucking-lievable.
    It Is more then a bug its a fake, successful troll is successful, Last time i checked Death Wipes Combat Status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    It Is more then a bug its a fake, successful troll is successful, Last time i checked Death Wipes Combat Status.
    yep of course death wipes combat, but if blizz really intended for shamans not to ankh while, say, an encounter was in progress, what else would you have the red text say?