Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Frost] Should I go 2h or dual wield?

I have H-Bryntroll for 2H.
    H-Bloodvenom and normal Havoc's Call for dual wield.

I've tested both, reforging master for dual wield and haste for 2H and the results are all over the place, can anyone offer advice on which setup would be better?

Deleted
    There pritty much even on DPS overall just go for whatever one you think looks better

real Death Knites use 2 handers though were not wimpy rogues

Deleted
    There both about equal ye, but do know for 2 hander you only should reforge for 900 haste after that mastery and dps in unholy pres, why frost is mastery all the way and frost pressence.

Also do know with the lack of str weapons dual-wield falls slightly behind nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damson View Post
    There pritty much even on DPS overall just go for whatever one you think looks better

real Death Knites use 2 handers though were not wimpy rogues
    IMO Dual Wield looks way better

Deleted
    If you play a female character, dw or gtfo.
    If you play a male character: 2handed

Yes, do it for the looks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post

have you played a female nelf with a 2 hander?

Best Weapon animation in game IMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damson View Post
    have you played a female nelf with a 2 hander?

Best Weapon animation in game IMO
    Yes, I do have a female nelf character and no, I don't think the 2handed animations are the best. However the polearm animation is the best indeed, too bad polearms aren't itemized for melee classes except ferals ofc.

The best 2handed animation I'd say belongs to human male. The jump strike is epic.

Deleted
    Well if it's about DPS, I do about 1k more overall with dual-wield, but when it comes to looks I'd take the 2H. Dunno about lvl 85 though. Atleast there should be STR onehanders by then

Deleted

The best 2handed animation I'd say belongs to human male. The jump strike is epic.
    Oh no.. the tauren Jump-strike Killz humanz Anyday

OT! Dw is fun, and looks better Imo=9

Deleted
    I'd say just stick to dual wield, atleast I find that better for my frost DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcdragon View Post

I've tested both, reforging master for dual wield and haste for 2H and the results are all over the place, can anyone offer advice on which setup would be better?
    I will go 2H , H-Bryntroll looks awsome and i like my human animations with 2H wearpons

Quote Originally Posted by Arcdragon View Post

go 2hander for lvling you will miss less often and find weapon you need faster

and for raiding DW and 2h are on par BUT go DW the time you can find 2 good 1hander.

10+ Year Old Account

I pretty much agree here. From what I can see the dps difference is not big enough between the two styles to warrant picking one over the other so I picked Dual Wielding because I find it more aesthetically pleasing.

What would be better for PvP?

They are pretty close, so you would probably be better off as 2h since you only have one 277 1h weapon.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Depends on how you're specced/what you like the best. Personally I myself have two different Death Knights on the PTR. One is strictly dual wielding Frost/Unholy. Completely badass in my opinion.

i dont have access to 25 heroic icc but i have shadows edge and i use two of the heroic frost giants cleaver from 10m heroic gunship (comes w/ a socket so i can have some str on there. as it is now i do more dps w/ the 2 1handers and id be willing to bet when cata comes and we get weapons w/ str as an actual stat not just a socket, the gap will widen even more favoring dw.

Deleted
    Yes, I do have a female nelf character and no, I don't think the 2handed animations are the best. However the polearm animation is the best indeed, too bad polearms aren't itemized for melee classes except ferals ofc.

Paladins says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Paladins says hi.
    With the loss of AP polearms became shit for everyone but Ferals and Hunters.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

I think according to elitist jerkz, DW dks now do maybe 1-3% more dps than 2h DKs.

But 2h DKs scale better with haste, haste is their best stat.