Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry I'm really starting to wonder

Ok so i had to post this here because the mmo-champ has more people with common sense then the wow forums.

so i was in a group with a DK and a Spriest, resto shammy, me the mage, and a orc warrior tank. The tank was under geared, we downed first boss no problem, then the DK starts pulling for the tank. I promptly tell the DK to stop pulling your not the tank. So his response is "Tanks going to slow, this place is easy, stop nerd raging.". im like nerd raging?? YOUR not tank so YOUR not supposed to be tanking. then he goes into a tangent about how where all bads ECT. needless to say we vote kicked him. i told him before he left that no one wants to group with a person with that attitude, and come cata you will wipe the group if you body pull like that. hes response? "Psh nab kata will b ez". what makes people think they cn get away with any little thing they want in LFG. do stupid things, and except not to get votekicked?

Riveting story. Really, this is exactly the same as the other billion threads on this

I actually think the DK has a point, the content is easy, and If he´s gonna pull aggro thats fine as long as he can handle it right?

Deleted
    I tank hcs now in my frost spec and icc25 dps gear. Aggro is a non-issues as blood presence and howling blast spam make sure you NEVER lose aggro. And also squishiness is not an issue either as there is no need for defense stat anymore and also any healer worth a dime can keep you up with no trouble.

Tanks will have to wait until Cata to feel usefull again or just stick to raids.

Anonymity and the Internet.
    It can be a wonderful blessed thing in the right hands, and a tool for underachievers to make other peoples lives a misery in the wrong hands.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    I tank hcs now in my frost spec and icc25 dps gear. Aggro is a non-issues as blood presence and howling blast spam make sure you NEVER lose aggro. And also squishiness is not an issue either as there is no need for defense stat anymore and also any healer worth a dime can keep you up with no trouble.

Tanks will have to wait until Cata to feel usefull again or just stick to raids.
    Defence Stat was replaced by the non-crit talent in tanking trees. If anything it's made DPS specs LESS Viable for tanking. But yes, whether something hits you for 1000 damage or crits you for 2000, it doesn't matter when you have mages with 30,000 HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh If I was the healer if someone other then the tank pulls i let them die. (if they are doing it on purpose) People need to realize that ALOT of people are just now COMING BACK TO THE GAME and haven't played in months and months. So the content isnt "easy" for them because they haven't even being doing it. Heck some people are coming back that I know that skipped wrath all together.
    If the tank is under geared let him pull, let him get aggro. If you want a 5 min run through a dungeon don't queue for a random unless you are with 5 friends that wanna pull as fast as you it's as simple as that. And if you don't have friends then well.. that's your problem lol.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Ok so i had to post this here because the mmo-champ has more people with common sense then the wow forums.

so i was in a group with a DK and a Spriest, resto shammy, me the mage, and a orc warrior tank. The tank was under geared, we downed first boss no problem, then the DK starts pulling for the tank. I promptly tell the DK to stop pulling your not the tank. So his response is "Tanks going to slow, this place is easy, stop nerd raging.". im like nerd raging?? YOUR not tank so YOUR not supposed to be tanking. then he goes into a tangent about how where all bads ECT. needless to say we vote kicked him. i told him before he left that no one wants to group with a person with that attitude, and come cata you will wipe the group if you body pull like that. hes response? "Psh nab kata will b ez". what makes people think they cn get away with any little thing they want in LFG. do stupid things, and except not to get votekicked?
    first of all, "your" is posessive, u should be using "you're"

second, i dont know why u kicked him... i have seen healers pulling the dungeon trash and/ or tanking while healing. It isnt that big of a deal; the content is a joke. i think u are a douchebag for kicking him(i would have kicked him if we wiped, and if he was hard to heal i would have just had the healer not heal him until he stopped pulling).

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 07:13 AM ----------

on my warrior, it bothers me when a tank is pulling like it is new content. often, i will put on my pvp gear and just tank for him.(i usualy have more health than the noob tanks anyway).

Holyforce, i hope i never get grouped with a person like you when queing lfd. The dk is trying to improve the speed of the group making the isntance being done faster.
    AND YOU VOTEKICK HIM??!?!?!
    Why whould you let an undergeard (he had lvl 70gear or what?) tank slowing down the run wehn you could have an overgeard dps dk do the job? he will keep aggro better making you and the 3rd dps being able to dps allout instead of having to watch treath meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current heroics are not difficult. DPSers have been tanking them since the days of Naxx. Granted, as a healer (or even as the tank in your situation), you don't want a non-tank to be pulling for many reasons; one main one being: the entire group is usually tanking the pull. But, WotLK heroics are easily two-manned, these aren't the CC-required mobs of Cata.

You did your vote to kick, good for you. Usually when people vote to kick, they don't come onto the forums to share their experience. Just move on.

(If I was on my healer, and a geared-DPSer was picking up the slack for the slow tank, I'd either vote to kick the tank and hope for a competent one, or give the undergeared fellah a free ride. Not throw a fit about it and kick the asset.)
    Last edited by Calon; 2010-11-19 at 01:17 PM.

not to mention, the dps would often pull aggro off of them anyway, so what difference does it make if he pulls.

I would rather kick the noob tank than the dps who does the job better. He would get into a new dungeon instantly anyway, and the dps does a better job, so u can pull while u wait for a new tank.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 07:18 AM ----------

let me guess... u posted here because the ppl on the wow forum agreed with us, that the dk was in the right.

15+ Year Old Account
    The content simply is just too easy right now. If the tank goes slow then i even start pulling and tanking on my mage because i can simply prevent the mobs from hitting me long enough for them to die of my dots..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grevlinghore View Post
    I actually think the DK has a point, the content is easy, and If he´s gonna pull aggro thats fine as long as he can handle it right?
    No. Just no. The tank tanks, not one of the dps. It's like the ninja-pulling Mage that said "well i didn't die, did i?".

Edit: Well he's above this post!

Mages don't tank kthxbb

Quote Originally Posted by Zaloezie View Post
    No. Just no. The tank tanks, not one of the dps. It's like the ninja-pulling Mage that said "well i didn't die, did i?".

Edit: Well he's above this post!

Mages don't tank kthxbb
    the op is complaining about a dk who was pulling. they have blood presence, it makes them not die.
    Second, on my healer i often have no problem healing a mage who pulls.(unless they are bad)
    Third, i prefer a 40k health dps tanking over a 20k health tank in blues.

ive been pulling alot of mobs in my randoms as an enahnce shaman..... if the people dont like it then the tanks should play better.... ive had tanks that was way undergeared yet still held agro... if the tanks cant do it then they should learn their classes better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xicor View Post

second, i dont know why u kicked him... i have seen healers pulling the dungeon trash and/ or tanking while healing. It isnt that big of a deal; the content is a joke. i think u are a douchebag for kicking him(i would have kicked him if we wiped, and if he was hard to heal i would have just had the healer not heal him until he stopped pulling).

on my warrior, it bothers me when a tank is pulling like it is new content. often, i will put on my pvp gear and just tank for him.(i usualy have more health than the noob tanks anyway).
    I think it's dumb that you correct someone's use of 'your' vs. 'you're' and then replace every 'you' with 'u'.

OT: Crap happens. It's incredibly frustrating, I agree. But do what you've done with douchebags the entire time of WoW. Ignore them and don't worry about it anymore. You get just as many good experiences as bad (I would hope, as seems to be my experience) with LFD's so take it in stride and move-along.

Deleted
    Does there really need to be another completely pointless thread on this?

And the irony of correcting apostrophe usage then replacing 'you' with 'u' is quite astounding.
    Last edited by mmoc938eb18a14; 2010-11-19 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Bring on cata when dps who pull will promptly have their face removed by elites

Quote Originally Posted by Dalroth View Post
    Does there really need to be another completely pointless thread on this?

And the irony of correcting apostrophe usage then replacing 'you' with 'u' is quite astounding.
    there is a difference between using an accepted shortened form of a word and using a word incorrectly.

I dont mind when people use "ur" to mean your or you're, because it is accepted as correct for either.

It is the same thing as someone using "noob" for "newbie," u wouldnt correct them for that, but u might correct them for spelling it "nawbie," or worse," "nawby."
    Last edited by Xicor; 2010-11-19 at 01:45 PM.

there is a difference between using an accepted shortened form of a word and using a word incorrectly.
    Well I can say certainly for myself, and probably for others: if you're going to correct someone, at least do it to where you look like you know what you're talking about. No caps, hardly any punctuation, and 'accepted shortened forms' portray you as either a less smart individual, a very young individual, or a careless individual. All of whom I know I could couldn't care less to take advice from.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much what this guy said. I used to pull stuff for the tank when playing on my Disc Priest if I thought he was going to slowly (and if I thought I could handle to stay alive vs the mob - Pain Supression FTW!). I also used to do the same thing on my Arms Warrior. Sure, sometimes you end up dying... but it's a lot more fun and usually faster.