Question about the shattering cinematic

From my understanding, after the shattering happens and we log in for the first time, we will see a cinematic. This is to show us (the player) what happened on an individual level rather than trying to have a massive server wide event that you either only see if you are online at the right time, or if it repeats every hour (both of which would be really annoying).

My question is, will this be a new cinematic that we've never seen with the zones being destroyed, or will it just show us the "Deathwing is angry" cinematic that we've all seen before?

Citizens of Azeroth: u mad
    Deathwing: i mad

^That one!

I'm not sure that it's ever been indicated that we'll see a cinematic at all. The cinematic with Deathwing being angry is the opening cinematic for the Cataclysm expansion, like the "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!" cinematic from BC.

I doubt we'll see a cinematic at all. I think we'll just log in, turn on general chat, and get hours of amusement out of the people who don't read WoW news and had no idea this was coming.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." - Terry Pratchett

Deleted
    we log off world is fine.

we log on after shattering and it went kaboom.

The actual shattering itself isnt an in game event no matter how long your online

Quote Originally Posted by eldritchknight View Post
    I'm not sure that it's ever been indicated that we'll see a cinematic at all. The cinematic with Deathwing being angry is the opening cinematic for the Cataclysm expansion
    There was a blue post stating that it and the login screen will be coming with the live version of patch 4.0.3a

Too lazy to dig it up.

But it's the one already seen, with Deathwing's ascent.

Quote Originally Posted by eldritchknight View Post
    I think we'll just log in, turn on general chat, and get hours of amusement out of the people who don't read WoW news and had no idea this was coming.
    LoL'd
    85 Manabrødx Main
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B8dx/simple
    85 Gethax Alt
    I am dave ! yognaught
    /salute

Quote Originally Posted by macazine View Post
    From my understanding, after the shattering happens and we log in for the first time, we will see a cinematic. This is to show us (the player) what happened on an individual level rather than trying to have a massive server wide event that you either only see if you are online at the right time, or if it repeats every hour (both of which would be really annoying).
    I think it's more to explain why there is a new dragon on our loading screen invading our personal space.

Am I the only person who, by Deathwing's posture, feels like they have to lean back so they don't get molten deathchin in their face?

15+ Year Old Account
    They have said that the Cinematics for Cataclysm will play the first time you login after the Cataclysm has happen. This is so people who "missed" the news won't be left out ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that it will be when you log in, but instead when you load the game. When 4.0.3a goes live, the game will recognize this(thru the launcher) and will show you the cinematic, afterwords showing you the new login screen.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since the shattering will come with 4.0.3a then that means servers will be down. In other words noone will be online when the shattering happens. You log off and everything is fine, go read The Shattering and give a thumbs up to the red shirt guy and then you log back on and be like OMFG and enjoy yourself for another week before Cata comes out.
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

Maybe we get an ingame letter:

Dear <name>,

Sorry for the mess. Maybe I went a little bit too far. I also resetted your heartstone to your home city, sorry about that too.

Sincerely,

DW