Blizzard Chat Client?

I did a cursory google search and could not find anything concrete on the subject. I believe there is not currently a chat client that I can install on my computer to chat with Warcraft/Starcraft players, but I was interested in if Blizzard has made any comment on the development either in house or open source of such a client.

Have you guys heard or seen anything that would indicate they are working on it or making the code to develop one opensource available?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing even close to this that I am aware of is going to be the new feature for the mobile auction house. It won't apply to Starcraft (as far as I'm aware) and comes with the subscription cost of $2/mo on top of your $15 subscription.

As far as I know it's still in testing but they have said after it is deployed on mobile devices it will eventually make its way to the WoW armory site as well.

Nothing as far as RealID chat in the works as of now, as far as I know at least.

That's too bad. I was just thinking how it was slow here at work this afternoon and I would like to be able to chat with people. We don't keep up via MSN or anything like that, but I could see us all having our RealID client on our computers.