Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've been getting a lot of fairly long games recently. Anythings better than stupid zergs.

I've had a five-day AV.

One day went away due to maintenance (this was in vanilla after all) and one day for the queue. And in the final hours of the final day before the maintenance, horde finally won after a gruesome push (I was Alliance), when we tried to ninja their base - we would've succeeded, if we had had the time.

some1 prolly alrdy mentioned it, but a 47min AV is FAR from the old school ones. Old schools means a MIN of 3 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Pvplord View Post
    Question to people who have played those really long av matches. Were they tight matches where people tryed some tactics or were they just some retarded hk faming on some bottleneck of map for 48 hours?
    Not so much pure HK farming. They were back and forth events. You actually got the wolfriders and the summoned the giants. You would upgrade the guards and it might take an entire day just trying to take a tower. Those were the days.

I remember being halfway through "endgame" dungeons and someone saying "gotta go AV" and it was ACCEPTABLE to go!!!! 4 Hour queues were NORMAL for AV. You could leave, go to class come back be in queue, and get back into the same AV. THOSE were the days...

Thanks to Shiri

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Pvplord View Post
    Question to people who have played those really long av matches. Were they tight matches where people tryed some tactics or were they just some retarded hk faming on some bottleneck of map for 48 hours?
    Retarded hk farming on some bottleneck of map. Mostly in the stupid alliance bridge or in the Frostwolf graveyard.

I started to play AV when you could summon Ivus and Lokholar, it was bad ass, only bad part was that it was a pain to find 9 other people to assist you and they would wonder in the middle of the map for a few minutes and they both were kiteable.