Where to park? (4.0.3a)

Does anyone have any details on what physical movements will occur when patch 4.0.3a goes live?

-Will we all be ported back to our start zones?
    -Will we all be ported to our capital cities?
    -Will we remain where we were?

If the third, where will you park your character(s)?

I intend to park each of my characters in places they are not supposed to be. One on the islands south of Tanaris, one in the sea northeast of Lordaeron, another in the unprogrammed lands south of Ungoro, and a final up in darkwhisper gorge. I already have a troll in the shatterspear village, he's been there for 4 years.

What will happen to them do you think? Will two of them end up in Hyjal and Uldum?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they've said what they plan to do yet.

However, I would expect that if you're somewhere that's being changed, you'd be teleported to your racial capital.

On the ptr, you get hearthed

Most likely that if you're in an Old World zone when you log out, you'll either be sent to your bind location, or the generic spot for your race in your home city.

If you're in Outland or Northrend, you'll likely stay where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Spatoon View Post
    On the ptr, you get hearthed
    What if you destroy your HS?

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    However, I would expect that if you're somewhere that's being changed, you'd be teleported to your racial capital.
    I thought this much was already confirmed?
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone gets teleported to a safe spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakivaz View Post
    Remember the unstuck hs?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    poor troll just standing there for 4 years : /

you cant destroy it any more but you can put it in your bank

Quote Originally Posted by Mathaios View Post
    Remember the unstuck hs?
    havent had to make use of that in years, so no

Deleted
    Orgrimmar/Stormwind you have the boats to vashir and the portals to hyjall there.

I will double park my mammoth in a handy cap space in Org.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by lego2er View Post
    well I had to wallwalk him in there pre 1.9. His name is Tuckcedojoh (Tuxedo Joe) and I meant to send him up in a tux but at the time you had to be lvl 30 to wear one.

Oh and what about the sea northeast of lordaeron. You're technically allowed there since it's not a new zone.
    Last edited by Drakivaz; 2010-11-19 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lego2er View Post
    I know man, I'd feel awful, even if it's just a character.

Well anyways, I'm gonna park myself in SW for 4.0.3a since it's being greatly improved and it'll be the new "in" spot for Alliance. I also think you're being ported to your race capital (haha Draeneis, even if you got a portal to Darn) once the patch goes live.

Wonderful news... it doesn't actually port you in some cases.

Tests I conducted on the PTR:

Ungoro:

I ran up the hills into the unprogrammed lands south of Un'Goro, then I copied over to the PTR. I appeared in Uldum at ground level in Ramkahen and killed a few Crocolisks. After that I ran up to the north border and ran along it. It only ported me out once I reached the oasis of Vir'sar. there you go, Pre-cata Uldum.

Northern Lordaeron:
    Unfortunately this one failed. I parked a character up in Quel'Thalas and it ported me to Zul'mashar. Perhaps it would be more successful to park in 'the great sea' beside it, so that it doesn't blatantly register me in Quel'thalas.

Go ahead and try some out yourself. Stick it to the man!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a character under stormwind and one behind the greymane wall. I might try and leave one in Zul Gurub, see what happens.

on beta a new copy ports you to closest graveyard. when I first had beta all chars started just outside orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    on beta a new copy ports you to closest graveyard. when I first had beta all chars started just outside orgrimmar.
    I am only going from what I just witnessed on the PTR

Your hearth location is the same even if you did so it wouldn't make a difference since "they" can "hearth" you even if you don't have the item since the item isn't the actual "spell" for example your Astrall Recall and Kara Slippers also call the same function just on a different CD.

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 02:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whatisjuice View Post
    I have a character under stormwind and one behind the greymane wall. I might try and leave one in Zul Gurub, see what happens.
    /sarcasim
    You do it on your warlock with 2 friends, it keeps you in the instance from data they don't bother deleting and you can start charging people 5K gold each for access to it and leave those toons in there for extremely easy money selling access to a raid that doesn't have a access point anymore.
    /endsarcasim

You'll probably get hearthed... but if you do have a lock and 2 friends it would not hurt to park them in there in a raid group to find out just incase.