Blessed Life Suggestion

Some background first. As i understand it blizzards aims with talents where along the lines of:

1. For a talent to be useful and provide uniqueness
    2. To be a choice

The change to blessed life allowing it to proc once every 2 seconds to once every 8 seconds is somewhat against this.

Blessed life is a 2 point talent. If 1 person is attacking you then you have a very high probability of this talent procing with only 1 point invested. As more things attack you the second point in this talent becomes more and more worthless as the probability of it not procing on just 1 talent point becomes exceedingly low. This is against the principal ideas of talent trees. In effect the the second talent point becomes weaker and weaker when more things attack you. In effect this is now a 1 point talent as there is no reason to invest a second point

In PVP healers already have a very hard time, there are several addons that allow automatic marking of healers which just lead to be zerged as first target everytime, spending half your time in the GY is hardly fun

My suggestion for a better change:

1. Revert back to 2 seconds
    2. Reduce probability to 12% for 1 point and 25% for 2 points, these can of course be modified up or down.

The above then gives meaning to a 2 point talent and would make the talent stronger if zerged by mulitple players in a pvp situation rarther than weaker.

The above isnt really a huge change however something i would like to see which is maybe a bit more out there is allow healers in pvp to survive the charaterisitc zerg, im talking about all healers here. However this should come with a consequence which would mean we could steam role anyone in a 1v1 situation. As such there could be a secondry effect to blessed life such as when blessed life procs then you can not inflict any damadge for 2 seconds but the percentage of proc would also be higher. This would lead to good survivability but would also lock you out from actually hurting anyone else. This would then give people an option as to if they want to spec into this talent at all. Yes we would have to make a choice as to if we want survivability or also some damadge potential, choice is good and i thought a core aim.

regards
    Rammsey

I'd be more interested in seeing how the current 100% chance, 2 second ICD, Blessed Life works after the PotI nerf. It's certainly overpowered right now, but that's partially because of other talents.

After assessing that, your point is a good one. There are two screws to turn within the talent: the ICD and the proc chance. The only problem I see with your version is that it very quickly becomes the live version. It would only take 2-3 people attacking the paladin to pretty much assure a proc near the minimum ICD. At present, a geared Holy paladin can easily withstand that assualt (although I don't know how much of that is due to PotI).

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'd be more interested in seeing how the current 100% chance, 2 second ICD, Blessed Life works after the PotI nerf. It's certainly overpowered right now, but that's partially because of other talents.

After assessing that, your point is a good one. There are two screws to turn within the talent: the ICD and the proc chance. The only problem I see with your version is that it very quickly becomes the live version. It would only take 2-3 people attacking the paladin to pretty much assure a proc near the minimum ICD. At present, a geared Holy paladin can easily withstand that assualt (although I don't know how much of that is due to PotI).
    Personally, I've always thought it poor design to have two talents on the same tier that were both HP generators for the class. I'd be tempted to merge BL in with ToR myself and then fill the slot up with another talent.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post

Yes the POtI will have a significant effect at lev 80 at lev 85 since it is a static number i dont think it will have such an effect but im not sure. The holy shock change as well is pretty bad. What is interesting is the ret talent that gives HP on a cc effect. I think this is probably as good as BL to be honest and will be available to PVP holy paladins. There is just so much cc that i would guess when zerged you will stack HP just as fast as BL with this talent.

Generally i just dont like the mechanism of zerg the healer. Holy paladins are today very difficult to kill. I would like to keep that and expand it to all healers but have a consequence. ie when BL procs you cant damadge for holy palys and have similar consequenes for other healing classes as an option. I think this would make pvp more interesting as healer pvp would then be based on who could heal there team the best rarther than being constantly cc and sitting in the GY after a zerg. Aslo no one could really complain 1vs 1 ie i cant kill a healer because that healer cant kill you either its a stalemate which is a fine position to be in

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Personally, I've always thought it poor design to have two talents on the same tier that were both HP generators for the class. I'd be tempted to merge BL in with ToR myself and then fill the slot up with another talent.

EJL
    So Ret shouldn't generate HP when we get CCd? Just wondering.

But you're right, between PotI, ToR, and BL, it's hard to say what's OP when there's so much synergy.

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 08:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rammsey View Post
    Generally i just dont like the mechanism of zerg the healer....
    Unfortunately, it will be that way by necessity. The presence of a healer in PvP is a game-changing thing. Healers should not be solo-able, by design (this doesn't mean the healer does anything but survive; it just means a solo DPSer shouldn't be able to kill a healer). Thus, healers must be either CC'd or zerged.

It's not going away. Arena teams will CC you. Rated BG teams will zerg you. Just going to be that way.