Thread: Enchanting + ?

Enchanting + ?

Hello

I rerolled a new character (Ele Shaman) and decided that I'll take Enchanting as first profession - I'll skill it up to 525 parallel while leveling but what should I take as a second, assuming I want 2 crafting professions for max bonuses?

So TLDR:

For which profession will 450-525 be LEAST expensive and how much could it cost? (Dont care which profession, just make it crafting AND I need a round number, 1 - 5 - 10k gold?) in first few weeks. Anyone can answer this?

Tailoring is a match for enchanting — one produces lots of useless crap for cloth that doesn't need any special skills to collect, other transform this pile of crap into enchants.

Cheapest would be Alchemy i assume.
    You can find herbs on mobs and in chests.
    This will allow you to make great amount of money and some usefull pots.

My guess would be that this will cost you like 4-6k 1-525 depending on server prices.

I've got JC as my second profession because of the gem bonus and reliable gem source for you and your guild.
    I can make good money on this to by creating then sharding the items then selling them.

This costed me like 4-5k to lvl 1-450. you surely have to add another 1k for gems 450-525.
    This can vary 1-2k per server i believe.

Alchemy: about 2-3k gold if you want to get it maxed from 450-525 the first weeks. Please notice that during the months after release great money will be made on flasks. money will come back very quick.

JC: 5k i belive if you wanna lvl quick. can probably get much higher as it is an expensive profession.
    You can make good money here to, about the starting of the first raids if you're the first to get 525.
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2010-11-20 at 03:48 PM.

On my main I'm JC/Ench, the bonuses from the JC only gems tend to be among the best. Downside is that it's pretty expensive to level without a gathering profession.
    For cheap i would have to agree that tailoring should be good, just cause you will get cloth while leveling and killing mobs and as Caspian wrote the complement each other.