Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Thunderfury chain in Cata

I remember a blue post from ages ago stating that Blizzard themselves didn't know what would happen with this chain in Cata, so I'm curious if Highlord Demitrian is still in game or not. I've been farming for this last binding for literally years now and I'm far too stubborn to stop. I imagine with the legendary achievement in play for Cata, it will remain. Some confirmation would still be nice though.

Thanks in advance.

It's not being removed. There are guild achievements to acquire it.

the guy is still in the same spot, chain is exactly the same. silithus isn't touched by the shattering.

I wonder if there's going to be another rogue legendary soon... we went a whole expansion without one!

Quote Originally Posted by BoTheRogue View Post
    I wonder if there's going to be another rogue legendary soon... we went a whole expansion without one!
    And you can go another expansion without one.

15+ Year Old Account
    When was the last Tank legendary? Keep waiting...
    85 - Strongarm - Orc Hunter
    85 - Belligerence - Tauren Warrior
    85 - Thirdmage - Undead Mage
    85 - Jaedena - Human Mage
    80 - Deepstroke - BE Warlock
    80 - Assmasterson - BE Paladin
    80 - Stoic - Human Warrior
    80 - Abigayle - Gnome Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepstroke View Post
    When was the last Tank legendary? Keep waiting...
    This.

S'mourne does NOT count as a tank legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    This.

S'mourne does NOT count as a tank legendary.
    nor does TF for that matter ^-^

i downloaded ptr last night after lying in bed trying to sleep wondering if the highlord guy was still there, i xferred my pally with 1 set of bindings and went to check, hes there and still has the quest

Feral Druids and Enhancement Shamans feel so bad for you

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    I beg to differ, considering it was far and away the best tank weapon well into Burning Crusade...

are they making BWL a 85 raid? if so what would that do to the elementium needed for thunderfury?

BWL is staying as a level 60 raid and nothing in it is changing from now, blackwing descent on the otherhand is the new 85 raid

And it's people like you who make people go HAI WHEN WE GETTING A COOL WEAPON?!

Sit it out and wait your turn already bad enough "Casters" kept pressuring Blizz to make one since they "Lost" theirs, IMO they didn't lose anything, it's being used for Lore, do you see people QQing over Ashbringer not being obtainable anymore? Nope, cuz it's for Lore.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBanHammer View Post
    are they making BWL a 85 raid? if so what would that do to the elementium needed for thunderfury?
    it's unlikely that they will, but if they did it'd be the same thing that happened to the quest drops from Onyxia. Either it'd still drop in the raid, or some mob in burning steppes would drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    Wrong? How does TF not count? It was a great tanking weapon. If you think it doesn't count because it went to DPS more often than not, then you obviously ate paint chips as a child.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBanHammer View Post
    Thay aren't making BWL a lvl 85 raid. Thay will remove Nefarion from original BWL and place him next with Onixya to new cataclysm raid (forgot how its called), BWL will stay the same as it was from vanila until now, except Nefarion will probly be replaced or removed just like Ragnaros in MC

Quote Originally Posted by Riperslo View Post
    Thay aren't making BWL a lvl 85 raid. Thay will remove Nefarion from original BWL and place him next with Onixya to new cataclysm raid (forgot how its called), BWL will stay the same as it was from vanila until now, except Nefarion will probly be replaced or removed just like Ragnaros in MC
    will the eye still drop from MC for sulferas?

yea i wanna know about the sulfuras eye..... seeing im running MC each week for it atm

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rag isn't removed, he's still in MC and should still drop the eye. BWL isn't being turned into an 85 raid, there's a new raid called Blackwing Descent, but it doesn't affect the obtaining of thunderfury in any way.