Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

How Many Quests to be Removed?

So I had been working on Loremaster till about a week ago when I realized the format of the achievement would be changing very soon and that I wouldn't have time to do it, nor be able to do it after 4.0.3a because I can't do Uldum and such. So I decided I would work on The Seeker, a poor man's loremaster. :P
    After yesterdays blue posts about Loremaster I can only assume that the quests they are removing and removing from the loremaster count will also be removed from your total quest count, including The Seeker. I have some speculations on roughly how many quests are being removed though.
    *wall of text ends here*
    *point of thread starts here* :P
    See I've been tracking The Seeker and when I logged out this past monday I had about 2590 quests complete. When I logged in on Tuesday after installing the patch, it said something like 2560. I've continued doing quests, and I've been covering a lot of the starter area quests. I now have 2700, but when I log in, the counter is about 45 quests lower than it should be, compared to a difference of 30 on Tuesday. Because 4.0.3 was a pre-patch, is it possible that some of the quests I've been doing are the ones being removed and so it's discounting more and more? Anyone else witness this or have any speculations on the topic?
    *second wall of text ends here*
    TL;DR Any clue, or speculation as to how many quests are being removed with 4.0.3a

15+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't ALL eastern kingdoms / kalimdor quests being redone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't ALL eastern kingdoms / kalimdor quests being redone?
    Not all but most. Depends on how much of a makeover the zone is getting. For example all of the quests in Stonetalon are getting revamped so the pre-cata ones will disappear. But Dustwallow has hardly changed and you will keep most if not all the quests from there.