Phasing for 80-85 in cata question

A quick question about how things will work, ive looked around various sites and havent found out how phasing will work. I have two level 80s so would i have to take them both throughout all the zones to get all the zones updated, or will it automatically be updated for people who have hit 80-85. If i do have to go throughout all the zones on both 80s i will be bummed caus i have a hard enough time finding time to play wow as it is. Any info would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm...you need to do the quests on each character to advance them through the phases, but why would you need to?

Deleted
    The only choice of leveling zones you get is whether you do Hyjal or Vashjir (hint: do the first one, until you're up for aggroing stuff above you you couldn't see because it was above your goddamn screen). Later on, it's one stream: Deepholm, Uldum, Twilight Highlands. And then you can come back to the other starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Erm...you need to do the quests on each character to advance them through the phases, but why would you need to?
    i got this weird thing that i want everything to be updated the most it possibly can, call it ocd i guess lol

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 09:40 PM ----------

i meant the 1-60 experience like battle for andorhol etc. sorry i wasent more specific

Deleted
    You mean if the 1-60 will get updated because of doing 80-85 zones? Nope, where's the idea coming from? Each zones phases on its own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    The only choice of leveling zones you get is whether you do Hyjal or Vashjir (hint: do the first one, until you're up for aggroing stuff above you you couldn't see because it was above your goddamn screen). Later on, it's one stream: Deepholm, Uldum, Twilight Highlands. And then you can come back to the other starting zone.
    Had done entire vash'ir on my druid and liked it allot better then hyjal found hyjal abit boring compared to it and had no problems really with mobs from different directions.

its kinda bugging me because southshore is apparently horde now, but will i have to do the quests on my 80 first or will it just auto be horde when cata hits?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    You mean if the 1-60 will get updated because of doing 80-85 zones? Nope, where's the idea coming from? Each zones phases on its own.
    From this post I finally understand what OP was asking. And yet, the quoted post is true.

Quote Originally Posted by synobyte View Post
    its kinda bugging me because southshore is apparently horde now, but will i have to do the quests on my 80 first or will it just auto be horde when cata hits?
    The problem is you don't know what phasing is. Phasing is when you have one map and certain parts of it change during a quest line. What you are refering to with Southshore is what is happening in cataclysm with the sundering, which you dont need to do any quests to see the changes

Quote Originally Posted by Altmania View Post
    The problem is you don't know what phasing is. Phasing is when you have one map and certain parts of it change during a quest line. What you are refering to with Southshore is what is happening in cataclysm with the sundering, which you dont need to do any quests to see the changes
    so if i go to wpl will it be cleansed right off the bat or is that questingness?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by synobyte View Post
    so if i go to wpl will it be cleansed right off the bat or is that questingness?
    And what do you think will happen? What do you expect WPL to be if not the half-cleansed state already? The old, plagued state? What would then trigger the change? I tell you what triggers the change between the old version of the zone and the new one: Cataclysm. WPL in the timeline is already half-cleansed, only you can't see it because the old world has been neglected previously. Cata just flips the switch, allowing you to see the change - which will happen immediately.