25 1.85%
  • Orgrimmar

116 8.60%
  • Thunder bluff

125 9.27%
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Undercity by far one way in one way out stop the elevators and no one is jumping that far and you cant starve out undead cause well they're undead. O.o
    Undercity has 2 entrances/exits, how can you not know that O.o
    Last edited by Azutael; 2010-11-21 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Uncercity has 2 entrances/exits, how can you not know that O.o
    Guarded by a giant worm lols.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Unhappy

I have to say the Exodar, because it could just start nuking its atackers from the air, Ironforge doesnt have an escape rout.

Gnomeregan for sure

Deleted
    I would probably say IF since it's a FF'ing mountain

I voted undercity just because of all the chokepoints to defend from

But i don't think there is any thing to do with deepruntram because Ironforge can close their gates send their entire troops to help defend Stormwind
    So the invaders of Stormwind will have to first take the control of Stormwind then the Deeprun tram that's not an easy task
    if however invaders can take control of Stromwind the gnomes can easily shut the tram down

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironforge. You could always just shut down the tram if Stormwind is under attack. And if it isn't and Ironforge is under attack, close the front gate and get reinforcements through tram. Even the Horde Lore-Wise isn't strong enough to take down 2 cities at one time. And Alliance can't take down 2 horde cities. Not possible. Don't think Game-play wise, think battle tactics- wise. Kind of like LoTR. Took a day for Helm's Deep and 2 (?) for Minas Tirith.

Now Undercity. This could be debatable. Yes you could just seal the elevators and destroy cave. I don't know though. Doesn't seem to assuring. Remember, Ironforge has small building poking out of the Mountain, perfect for sniper nests.

TL; DR Ironforge, with Undercity a close second.

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by drigoly View Post
    I have to say the Exodar, because it could just start nuking its atackers from the air, Ironforge doesnt have an escape rout.
    Exodar is not capable of flight ATM. Its stuck on the ground.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have said Thunderbluff due to its height + the fact that a single shaman or druid can asplode everybody back off the lift as soon as they surface... But after reading the Shattering and the aerial attack that completely turned the Grimtotems on their buttocks, I'm going with Ironforge.

I always liked the "under the mountain" idea, and unless the Horde somehow come up with a drastic chile-like drill system where they burrow straight into the throne room from the top of the mountain, the Dwarves are looking prety solid.

I would say Ironforge, one way in/out but that could also lead to its downfall if it was blockaded in some manner or completely sealed off from the inside for defense. (This is assuming that the tram to SW was destroyed or inoperable for some reason)

Darnassus would also be good due to Teldrassil, while it's not Nordrassil--it could be defended in the same manner as it. Can we say wisp explosion? However, that was only done in the most dire of circumstances and I'm not sure how well it would work with Teldrassil being a baby world tree in the grand scheme of things. This is also really destructive, but could take out the enemy as well.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2010-11-21 at 01:47 AM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drigoly View Post
    Exodar crashed remember? and Ironforge got the Tram, and a close by airport to defend against air sieges unlike other cities even thought theres dark iron dwarfs there...

Still, everyone saying Ironforge, will end up dying REAL fast if the Forsaken decided to join.

Darnassus however, no chance whatsoever. Extremely potent rangers, so coming from the air is a no no. A big ass tree you cant chop or burn down without dying yourself (and taking a large proportion of Kalimdor with you).

Darnassus > everything atm.

Ironforge ofc. Its under a mountain so no aerial attacks possible, huge gates to stop the ground attacks, narrow corridors for funneling troops and making it impossible to break through etc etc. And i don't know why everyone is saying the tram is a weakness. It provides a fast route for reinforcements and resources, and in the case that Sw is taken and an enemy army is attacking via the Tram, it's so easily defended, its like what, 3 meters across? Just put some damn archers or something and cut everyone down.
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Quack.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    Still, everyone saying Ironforge, will end up dying REAL fast if the Forsaken decided to join.

Darnassus however, no chance whatsoever. Extremely potent rangers, so coming from the air is a no no. A big ass tree you cant chop or burn down without dying yourself (and taking a large proportion of Kalimdor with you).

Darnassus > everything atm.
    Bat riders + zepplins + wyren riders + boats = death. Yeah wyren is prob wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Luzz View Post
    I voted undercity just because of all the chokepoints to defend from
    Same here though, IF wins cause of one simple fact: IT HAS ONLY ONE, FREAKING ENTRANCE!

Where is the option for Gilneas? Hasn't been touched for 6 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironforge. Its in the heart of a mountain with a massive steel door at the entrance. If the horde tried to attack through the tram they would have to siege stormwind first. Once stormwind fell the dwarves could just close to flood the tram. Drilling would be near impossible because the Dwarves are able to launch planes from inside which could destroy drills or harass enemy troops from above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmondCreighton View Post

The rest are obvious. Orgrimmar is a huge fucking failure, given they don't hold the high ground but rather a pathetic hole cut in the ground. Garrosh only slightly improves this in Cataclysm.
    I would also like to point out, that because it's not on the high ground, it should be easy enough to flood.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    Bat riders + zepplins + wyren riders + boats = death. Yeah wyren is prob wrong...
    Bat riders will be taken down asap. Zeppelins will be used to deploy troops which will be cut down aswell. Boats cant do anything because the Elves are actually on top of the tree. They can (and probably will) cut off the teleport. And I dont see any man, Orc or Goblin climbing up the tree (its a real long way).

Gnomer and IF, followed by new Org.