Deleted

Mage starting zone in Cata

There are two options as to where you can start your 80-85 grind: Hyjal or Vashj'ir. In their infinite wisdom, Blizz have placed the caster dps head enchant with one faction (Guardians of Hyjal), whereas the caster dps gear is with the other (Earthen Ring). So, my question goes out to the people who have played caster dps on the beta: where is the best place to start? Obviously, the grind for the head enchant will have to be done sooner or later, but I really need hc viable gear asap, and the question is if the gear you can get from Earthen Ring is so outstanding (compared to quest rewards etc) that it would be better to quest in Vashj'ir simply to gear up as fast as possible?

And all you non-beta ppl, where do you plan on starting?

Edit: typos -.-

Hyjal.. the idea of underwater leveling is meh. but of course ill eventually try it out.

you can just do hyjal first and then go Vashj'ir

Doing Photoshop requests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jantimirlol View Post
    you can just do hyjal first and then go Vashj'ir
    Well yes, but I'm assuming that the quest rewards will be better and better according to the level that the zone is intended for, so staying in low lvl zones for longer than necessary would kinda defeat the purpose of getting as good gear as possible in the shortest amount of time.

Arent you supposed to do both to get to 82?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    From what I've heard, you ding 82 in one of the starter zones and then move on to Deepholm. But I would love it if I'm wrong, cause then I obviously don't need my question answered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    I believe its like wotlk, with Howling Fjord / Borean Tundra.

You choose eiter Hyjal or Vashj'ir then go Deepholme>Uldum>Twilight highlands (i think)

think after starter zone.. it's deepholm or uldum then twilight handlands right?

if so.. ima do uldum first.. camel mounts I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I believe its like wotlk, with Howling Fjord / Borean Tundra.

You choose eiter Hyjal or Vashj'ir then go Deepholme>Uldum>Twilight highlands (i think)
    This is correct. Hyjal or Vasj'ir to 82, then Deepholm 82-83, Uldum 83-84 and Twilight Highalnds 84-85.

Although you get to 82 in Hyjal or Vasj'ir you should really try both, the 450% underwater mount is just epic and the quests in both spots are better then anything up til now.

You'll not get much less experience doing both, and you'll get the same gear eventually. I'm just going to do every zone and move on when I run out of quests just like I did in Wrath.
    I can save rushing through for my alts when I have heirlooms, there's not going to be any serious raiding for a week or two so I might as well take my time and see everything.

If Blizzard takes the time crafting these huge new zones for my benefit I'm definitely going to try and see it all instead of rushing to the end game content and then whining that I've been doing it for too long.

15+ Year Old Account
    From my understanding Earthen Ring Reputation is also given throughout Deepholm

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    From my understanding Earthen Ring Reputation is also given throughout Deepholm
    Wrong, you get Stonemother experience in Deepholm.

Also, In beta you got to near revered to Guardians of Hyjal (if not revered) only by doing all the quests on hyjal, while in Vashj'ir you only get near honored to Earthen Ring. I also enjoyed the quests in Hyjal more.

If you're only after the head enchant, go Hyjal. If not, still go Hyjal. (Vashj'ir is still worth doing, but not as good as Hyjal :P)

Deleted
    I've done 80-82 in one zone, BUT - I had it done on blue rested xp bar, so you might have to do both zones on live.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies. Hyjal here I come, I guess...