Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    That's silly. I think LoH is cheesey in duels, but that isn't allowed in arenas either. cold snap and prep are both valid cooldowns. Do you have a problem with rocket boots? You should if you think bubble is cheap.

Killing water elementals is useless. I don't need an elemental to kill you if you're wasting your time hitting it until it dies twice instead of me.
    If you have to wait 5 mins between duels for cds to be up that is lame. I have no problem with long cds if you are ready to duel again as soon as you are full mana and health again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    Next time you're in a duel against a pally, first he bubbles back to full life, then loh back to full life, are you really thinking wow he totally outplayed me. No you're probably thinking this kids terrible.
    bubble and loh are both on forbearance, so he lived for 2+ minutes between using them. i'd be thinking you're the pretty terrible one.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffyjeff View Post
    bubble and loh are both on forbearance, so he lived for 2+ minutes between using them. i'd be thinking you're the pretty terrible one.
    Oh boy....
    Last edited by Ieft; 2010-11-23 at 03:26 AM.

What's your point?

In real life when I see people being dicks, I dont go up and yell at them. Doesn't mean it's right.
    You're comparing apples to oranges here.

In a duel, its a no-holds-barred fight between two combatants. You can literally use anything at your disposal to gain the upper hand. If the rules aren't clearly defined at the beginning of the fight, expect someone to act under that frame of mind, and don't be sour about the fact that they did and beat you for it. PvP balance (however balanced it may be) isn't adjusted with 1v1 in mind, so expect that whatever class you play will have certain specs that counter other classes and specs, and have counters themselves. Its basically up to the player to overcome the disadvantages, which makes winning all the better, but ultimately dueling has no presence or reward other than the temporary boost in confidence over beating someone else.

In real life, when someone acts like a dick, they aren't competing with you so much as being a dick. You can't really "beat" them so the comparison is completely off. Leave it alone and don't stoop to their level, and they'll eventually mess with the wrong person, or enough of the wrong people and get what they have coming to them.
    Inner Rage - You become Enraged due to the fact that you're too Angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Keylogger Sheriff View Post

In a duel, its a no-holds-barred fight between two combatants. You can literally use anything at your disposal to gain the upper hand. If the rules aren't clearly defined at the beginning of the fight, expect someone to act under that frame of mind, and don't be sour about the fact that they did and beat you for it. PvP balance (however balanced it may be) isn't adjusted with 1v1 in mind, so expect that whatever class you play will have certain specs that counter other classes and specs, and have counters themselves. Its basically up to the player to overcome the disadvantages, which makes winning all the better, but ultimately dueling has no presence or reward other than the temporary boost in confidence over beating someone else.

In real life, when someone acts like a dick, they aren't competing with you so much as being a dick. You can't really "beat" them so the comparison is completely off. Leave it alone and don't stoop to their level, and they'll eventually mess with the wrong person, or enough of the wrong people and get what they have coming to them.
    Don't recall saying I lose.

They're also the same people who will wait 10mins to reduel, Can't believe I'm the only one who thinks it's a dick act to be using all that stuff just for one duel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keylogger Sheriff View Post

i agree, no rules means no rules.

the only thing i hate is when someone doesn't try to beat me.
    ie, they try to win by making me give up, like by contantly running and LoSing me and not even trying to attack me. maybe coming out to CC me and running off again, that shit pisses me off. Because if i did the same they wouldn't win either, i just don't feel like wasting the next hour of my life.

When I duel, I pop all my cooldowns. When I win, I log into my next toon and use all their cooldowns in the next duel. I have 5 80s. Rinse repeat.

^ Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin View Post
    It happened with me one time against a rogue.. he sapped me and killed the pet. I just spawned another one instantly without cold snap.

And now I see a destro warlock doing the same.. trying to kill the pet during seduce:

watch?v=Pv5dVJl8Geg (put the youtube address before it :P )

Are they thinking that cooldown starts from the pet's death rather than from his summon (hence force us to blow cold snap early)? Or am I missing something?

Well the rogue can use the combo points for something like Recrup or slice and dice and generally have time to restealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually kill other mages' pets to annoy them mostly, it certainly annoys me if my water elemental summon is on cooldown and it dies or despawns.

I'm generally of the opinion that people shouldn't bring a gun to a knife fight (like using stuff you aren't able to use in arenas). However if somebody's knife is sharper and more deadly than mine I'll take the defeat like a champ (as a comparison to pvp 1v1 balance being nonexistent).

p.s. my analogies might not make much sense i'm tired and not in the right state of mind :P
    Last edited by Tarin; 2010-11-23 at 05:00 AM.

So far the only reasonable explanation would be wasting a global cooldown + hoping for a second kill to force cold snap.

So far the only reasonable explanation would be wasting a global cooldown + hoping for a second kill to force cold snap.
    Against any good mage it probably won't be worth it as a rogue. If you can deal quick collateral damage to it and kill it near instantly then I'd say it's a viable option, but since as a rogue vs. any good mage he has many low-CD tools to peel you off quickly it's not worth it. Maybe if you were a death knight or a warrior.

if they can cc you, they should kill your pet

and i hate kids who cold snap in duels, same with rogues who prep, pallies who bubble etc.
    Err, why do you hate those people, child?

And what class do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Err, why do you hate those people, child?

And what class do you play?
    A mage.

Why not? Not much to lose if you're CCd

if they can cc you, they should kill your pet

and i hate kids who cold snap in duels, same with rogues who prep, pallies who bubble etc.
    And I hate kids who cant handle/accept the use of basic CDs in duels.
    And I hate the adults even more... Yo.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

It happened with me one time against a rogue.. he sapped me and killed the pet. I just spawned another one instantly without cold snap.

And now I see a destro warlock doing the same.. trying to kill the pet during seduce:

watch?v=Pv5dVJl8Geg (put the youtube address before it :P )

Are they thinking that cooldown starts from the pet's death rather than from his summon (hence force us to blow cold snap early)? Or am I missing something?
    lol i cought some dk trying to kill my elemental, i froze him and spammed him down real nice-like. People that try to kill peoples elementals are dumb unless its arena and you have a healer on your bac, then thats smart

Yeah sure use all your cd's for 1 duel, thats skill.

Next time you're in a duel against a pally, first he bubbles back to full life, then loh back to full life, are you really thinking wow he totally outplayed me. No you're probably thinking this kids terrible.

It's the same when a shaman pops bloodlust in a duel, you're just like lol seriously bloodlust for a duel.
    If people use their cooldowns, try using your own. Not using everything you got means you're bad.

Deleted
    Yeah sure use all your cd's for 1 duel, thats skill.

It's the same when a shaman pops bloodlust in a duel, you're just like lol seriously bloodlust for a duel.
    You do know if a paladin bubbles and heals to full health if he is prot/ret he will go oom, and LoH cant be used on them for 2mins due to forberance if a paladin bubbles l2 play and go eat/drink if he does it to try kill you run away jeez learn tactics then QQ if they all fail its not like a mage can poly then go away and eat to full hp or a rogue vanishing and eatinging/stealth or a warlcok fearing etc etc,