Rolling warlock for RaF with the wife

So my wife and I are doing RaF. She's rolling mage and I'm rolling warlock. I know next to nothing about warlocks and I've been trying to read up on their specs. What spec would best synergize with the mage while questing and doing dungeon finder runs? Another question would be, what spec should she be? (I know, that should probably go to the mage forums but thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.) Thanks in advance.
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

Whatever is the most fun. It's leveling... Not min-max raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Demonology and Arcane, your pet can tank mobs and she can do the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    For mage, any spec works really well. For synergy with a warlock, probably fire, although frost is great for utility. Arcane is great too, but it's more just great damage than quite as much group utility, though Focus Magic isn't bad. And for warlock, anything, although I wouldn't go affliction, as with a mage partner, mobs will die. Demonology is quite fun, I haven't tried Destruction much.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Thanks guys!
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

It won't matter. Probably not the answer you're looking for, but it really won't. Low level content in Cata is obscenely easy. You'll probably find it's easier to stay close to eachother for the EXP bonus, but not actually attack the same targets. I guess I'd say go Destro so that you'll be able to keep up with her burst damage, but that's about all the advice I can give. If you really enjoy AOE grinding I'd say Frost + Demo, but... with RaF you'll be 60 in a couple days. By then you'll have a feel for what you both want to do with your characters.

i wouldn't go Affliction until u get seed of corruption. which by then mobs will be harder and u both can AoE farm mobs. maybe improved blizzard and ur seed spam? just a thought for the future

I suggest checking out the warlock's den. That site is very helpful, and can give you a step in the right direction. You will need a few key addons (e.g. dottimers, power aura) to play the class properly. If she is going mage, at least in the current state, get ready for some frustration when she has a three button mash and tops the meters, and you are still struggling to understand the basics (i.e. rotations, macros, keybinding every button imaginable, etc.) of a lock. heh heh
    That said, your best leveling spec is demo w/ or w/o a mage.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage and a demo or afflic lock are a great combo,but talk your wife into playing a shadow priest. The two of them together..are simple insane. No down-time,you can take elites and in PvP even rogues avoid that pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daltain View Post
    So my wife and I are doing RaF. She's rolling mage and I'm rolling warlock. I know next to nothing about warlocks and I've been trying to read up on their specs. What spec would best synergize with the mage while questing and doing dungeon finder runs? Another question would be, what spec should she be? (I know, that should probably go to the mage forums but thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.) Thanks in advance.
    Hello, I started RaF with my wife a couple weeks after 4.0.1, at 63 now mage and disc priest. I also started leveling my lock again right after 4.0.1 from level 23 or so, 67 now.

As for specs, my wife has only done frost from the start, and she LOVES it, especially after getting FoF and Imp freeze. Once I got dual specs and went shadow, I'd dot up mobs (Dot dot, next mob, dot,dot, next mob) and she'd destroy them.

Which brings me to the next point, warlock spec. I levelled affliction until outlands mostly, Demo has almost nothing for low level lock until hand of guldan (imo) and I didn't find destro that great for a while until backdraft really. Frost and Destro may go well together once backdraft is reached. I'd say go affliction though because you can pretty much grab up as many mobs as you can, and the mage can knock them all down. At the 60 range Demo and destructrion really start to shine, and affliction starts to crap out on you (PVE and PVP).

Also, avoid bgs, from 1 - 60 your likely to be undergeared since you are levelling through content so quickly, and rogues.