Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    berserking ftw.

btw, be glad you actually have good racials to choose from. alliance choices are as follows: "do i want 1% crit for 5% more total mana? hmm..."

Berserking is great, yes, but it wouldn't beat the orc. It averages out at a little bit over 1% overall
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    You could say the same for every gem socket. And still, all those small, minor factors adds up.
    Yea, but you don't have to stare at your gems when playing. I wouldn't enjoy looking at an orc 'throwing' magic. My warlock will never be an orc. She is a beautiful blood elf with an attitude. How often do you have two characters with the exact same gear and spec, but different races doing slightly different dps based entirely on their race? You could say the same for two locks with a different gem setup, but in that situation, the other lock would regem and think nothing of it. In the race situation, that other person would have to pay £17 or whatever it is to change, and force themselves to like playing a race they don't particularly like the look of. There's a difference.
    Last edited by Jenerena; 2010-11-22 at 02:57 PM.

orcs get a pet boost which includes locks demons and dk undead.. giving them a bonus regardlessly if your demology or not but enhancing it to a topping point I wouldn't roll troll lock, you pets/minions used to receive some of your racial bonus... not anymore though :/ goblin is acceptable over troll ^^

I've read that locks have to be careful when using the troll racial because in some situations it can give you "too much" haste and hurt specs that rely on refreshing dots with other spells. The example used was Hand of Guldan and Immolate. Not sure if this is true, but it's something to think about.

Deleted
    Female Troll Warlock.

DPS factor - Orc
    Coolness factor - Troll
    ??? factor - Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    You could say the same for every gem socket. And still, all those small, minor factors adds up.
    Those accessible to everyone though.

Im torn also.. Been playing my orc lock forever.. was kinda tempted to play a gobby when the time comes.. haaha..

I just race changed my lock to Orc, love it so far. I have characters of pretty much every race except for troll, but the bonus's orc provide, as well as how it looks, outweigh troll for me.

I plan to level another character after my main is 85, it'll probably be a goblin.
    Top 100.

Deleted
    Famale goblin coz they are cool

I did forget about Command...retract my previous Troll suggestion. Ugh I hate being alliance...

I love my Orc Warlock. He is my main right now. I love the way he looks with gear. I also think Orcs look the best with the new Tier 11 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins get a 1% haste boost all the time so that may be better than 20% every 3 min, however the spell damage every 2 min and extra pet damage may overtake that (especially as demonology)... I would ask a more warlock or theory crafting focused blog/forum because I'm sure the precise dps increase comparison would take a fair amount of calculation...

Id def go troll. Casting speed increase is awesome, plus trolls are super cool. However, orc is probably marginally better considering they have 2 dps increases, pet and free trinket, but orcs wear shoes

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by TheEverydayDre View Post
    Well on ptr its still 10%...

Regen is actually sorta good for locks, life tappers will be thankful to have it.
    Lifetapers? I am using LifeTap once per fight or not using at all (or u were saying in pvp).

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    Yea, but you don't have to stare at your gems when playing. I wouldn't enjoy looking at an orc 'throwing' magic. My warlock will never be an orc. She is a beautiful blood elf with an attitude. How often do you have two characters with the exact same gear and spec, but different races doing slightly different dps based entirely on their race? You could say the same for two locks with a different gem setup, but in that situation, the other lock would regem and think nothing of it. In the race situation, that other person would have to pay £17 or whatever it is to change, and force themselves to like playing a race they don't particularly like the look of. There's a difference.
    Make a female orc and keep the helm shown?
    "I love you guys. Like, seriously. If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting, and I appreciate you caring. Even if you're going kookoo-bananas." - Bashiok

Orc is obviously the best dps race.
    Logically, more of Orc's racials benefit a warlocks dps than the other races.
    If you actually compare the difference between the different racials' contributions (already small without comparison) you would see race matters very very little.

This argument easily extends into psychology where there isn't really any black and white.
    I would argue I would play a Goblin or Troll more effectively because I don't like the blood elf cast animation; as a warlock you see this peripherally all the time.
    I'd like to clarify, I don't mean the appeal of the race itself being the deciding factor.
    There can be a psychological effect where your adoration for a race can cause you to play better because you don't hate the time you spend playing it.

Also, I'd like to say there are several class/race/faction combinations that don't get direct dps increases for racials.
    Blood elf and Tauren paladins for example have no dps increasing talents (unless you're piss poor at mana management).

Because of this racials are purposefully not very powerful. The difference is so small that one spell cast too long after your GCD or one second too long under a negative debuff (Putricide Ooze) can negate the benefits of your racials.

You could even argue from this that Troll and Orc racials have more liability. Bad timing or a random negative event can make Bloodfury or Berserking worthless.