Page 1 of 2
LastLast

NERF Worgen Druids!

FREE - Normal Mount
    FREE - Epic Mount
    FREE - Normal Flying

Ignore title Worgen Druids are going to be fun! Shh...

(Thoughts on any of this?)

15+ Year Old Account
    Are the cost of these anything to really envy anymore? Yeah free normal flying was
    something to be jealous of in the beginning of BC, but now.... pfft
    Last edited by Leftineus; 2010-11-22 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    FREE - Normal Mount
    FREE - Epic Mount
    FREE - Normal Flying

u have to train the riding skill for them. the mount is the most inexpensive part. That was my original reason for lvling a druid; Yes free mounts!! o wait... 5k for epic flying, lame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broll Bearmantle View Post
    How do they get free mounts?
    They are all trained from a class trainer as opposed to a riding trainer for a fraction of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Broll Bearmantle View Post
    How do they get free mounts?
    well they can run at mount speed but i dunno how that's going to factor in to the riding skill etc tbh

edit - nvm just read above (we posted about same time so i didn't see it)
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Normal Mount Training + Mount: 10g
    Epic Mount Training + Mount: 60g
    Normal Flying Training + Mount: roughly 250g, free for druids.
    Isnt everything almost free as is?
    You should yell at warlocks and paladins too, damn classes and their free mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see what OP did there.

-Running Wild counts as a free Ground Mount.
    -Running Wild can be upgraded (like any mount now) to Epic Ground Mount speed. Still think you have to pay for that though.
    -Flight Form is available to Druids and thus basic Flying for free.

Heh, they do get some free cash but the total cost of saving money is >Artisan Riding, so I don't think it'll mean much in the long run.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Deleted
    "Free" epic mount is nothing special any more - non-epic flying mounts now scale to 280/310 speed to match your riding skill, thus the only reason to have an epic flying mount is for the looks of the thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing about Worgen Druids will probably be their ability to travel the world in all forms of mounts without ever having to own an actual mount.

The Worgen druids have no need for your flea infested mounts. We travel on our own paws. We do not falter to your mount addictions

Flying mount isn't free anymore, they have to get the training first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    The Worgen druids have no need for your flea infested mounts. We travel on our own paws. We do not falter to your mount addictions
    And with their own fleas

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    I had a rly rough morning but thanks comment made my day thank u!
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    U mad bro?

Take away mage portals, take away paladin charger/bubble, take away rogue stealth .. take away ...

Every race/class combi has its own benefits, so nothing special going on here.

If you want this, play a druid, if not, choose something else that u DO like.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Yeah, this is gonna come with the same rules as the Druid Flight Forms and Paladin/Warlock mounts:

The mount doesn't become trainable from said trainer until you have the required riding skill for it.

They might get the 60% version for free (Saving 6g?). But the 100% will require the riding skill upgrade. I still doubt this is the case. No one race is gonna get any remote advantage on mount costs, etc. It's part of why no one class does anymore either.

Paladins cannot learn their Warhorse-class mount til they have the 60% Riding Skill.
    Paladins cannot learn their Charger-class mount til they have the 100% Riding Skill.
    Warlocks cannot learn their Felsteed mount til they have the 60% Riding Skill.
    Warlocks cannot learn their Dreadsteed mount til they have the 100% Riding Skill.
    Druids cannot learn their Flight Form til they have the 150% Flight Riding Skill.
    Druids cannot learn their Swift Flight Form til they have the 280% Flight Riding Skill.

Worgen will follow the same model (most likely) as the Paladins and Warlocks do.

Carry on, nothing shocking to see here.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2010-11-22 at 07:04 AM.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Yeah, this is gonna come with the same rules as the Druid Flight Forms and Paladin/Warlock mounts:

The mount doesn't become trainable from said trainer until you have the required riding skill for it.

They might get the 60% version for free (Saving 6g?). But the 100% will require the riding skill upgrade. I still doubt this is the case. No one race is gonna get any remote advantage on mount costs, etc. It's part of why no one class does anymore either.

Paladins cannot learn their Warhorse-class mount til they have the 60% Riding Skill.
    Paladins cannot learn their Charger-class mount til they have the 100% Riding Skill.
    Warlocks cannot learn their Felsteed mount til they have the 60% Riding Skill.
    Warlocks cannot learn their Dreadsteed mount til they have the 100% Riding Skill.
    Druids cannot learn their Flight Form til they have the 150% Flight Riding Skill.
    Druids cannot learn their Swift Flight Form til they have the 280% Flight Riding Skill.

Worgen will follow the same model (most likely) as the Paladins and Warlocks do.

Carry on, nothing shocking to see here.
    Actually, as of last week (Ish, which means next to nothing now, but still,) I dinged 20 and learned 60% ground skill. This was on a warlock.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Instant flying mounts shouldn't be free dammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    FREE - Normal Mount
    FREE - Epic Mount
    FREE - Normal Flying

psh...like mounts even cost that much anymore anyway...the only ones that are still expensive are epic flying and master riding.

i remember the days when it cost me like 100 gold for my NORMAL mount at level 40 =P

but seriously...when you say free you make it sound like they dont have to pay anything. they have nerfed mount costs so much that worgen will probably end up paying around the same amount to train their mounts

If only normal flight form and epic flight form actually **counted** as mounts... I'd be ecstatic to up my mount count since I collect them.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid