Page 1 of 2
LastLast

TIL Worgen Moonkin is not a recolor or reskin

It's an existing skin/color - they did not even recolor it. I just did some quests in Hinterland and found those:

the mob behind me is 1:1 the skin the Worgen Moonkin will get.
    I really hope the "the Troll/Worgen Moonkin form is final" thing was a joke. It even has that ugly ass pixel-feathers on the upper arms.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm... I'm pretty sure the original classic moonkins had no elf ears... not sure about the antlers

I'm not sure how you think purple= brown.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    you seem confused.
    Moonkin in background = Hinterland Owlbeast - a mob
    Moonkin in foreground = my nightelf Moonkin - a player
    this:
    http://imgur.com/6vkxx.jpg
    is how the new Worgen Moonkin will look like. Compare it with the Hinterland Owlbeast. You understand now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes, Blizzard reused a model!!! They have done it before and they will do it again and again....and again...and a fourth time...
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    Oh noes, Blizzard reused a model!!! They have done it before and they will do it again and again....and again...and a fourth time...
    Reusing a model for a mob that is killed and forgotten after a few month is ok. But not for a player model that you look at for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    The color doesnt matter all moonkin form were found in nature before and it is still the case

15+ Year Old Account
    Um, troll and worgen moonkin models have been in the game forever, we also can fight moonkin models that look like the player ones, no one seemed to cry about that.

They said many times reskinning these guys are on their list of things to do, so give it time, they're still working on cata, and if its like it was when wrath came out, they prolly have a side team already planning for the future.

Honestly - be glad you got anything different than the current NElf Moonkin form. Tauren and NElf Druids have been waiting for updated (read better graphics) moonkin forms for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Um, troll and worgen moonkin models have been in the game forever, we also can fight moonkin models that look like the player ones, no one seemed to cry about that.
    then I'm no one

They said many times reskinning these guys are on their list of things to do, so give it time, they're still working on cata, and if its like it was when wrath came out, they prolly have a side team already planning for the future.
    They found the time to design a moni moonkin and a mini ragnaros they sell for money... but keep on defending them. It's Blizzard, the game is sacred, you shall not say anything negativ about it. I know I know.

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Honestly - be glad you got anything different than the current NElf Moonkin form. Tauren and NElf Druids have been waiting for updated (read better graphics) moonkin forms for years.
    I'm one of them. And I'm not glad, I'm pissed. After all that waiting I expected more. Because Blizz showed they could do more. But they prefer to make new models they can sell for $$$ = http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...lragnaros2.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on, Blizzard makes at least 150 million dollars a month in subscription fees alone. The least they could do is up the quality of the boomkin texture.

This is coming from someone who has never gotten a druid past level 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Blizz cuts corners. They're a business. They're in this to make money with the least effort possible. It WILL get changed eventually, they've stated that changing moonkin form is on their list of priorities. Until then, griping about it on a forum and pointing fingers at those who aren't foaming at the mouth isn't going to change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatyre View Post
    Yes, Blizz cuts corners. They're a business. They're in this to make money with the least effort possible.
    Public relations my friend, public relations.

All these "cut corners" are starting to turn Blizzard's, or at least WoW's, name to shit.

Deleted
    gratz.. uve found a owlbeast after..... 6 years..... clear the press! we all know 100% that THIS is how its gonna look like.

onehundred procent! 100..... procent! 1hundred... %

15+ Year Old Account
    i am pretty sure they are final, afterall if they reskin / color they got to make them chance color depending on the palyers hair and that is to much of a trouble

i was acutaly surprised when i saw worgen en troll go thier own flight form. i expect them tobe a copy on the night elf and tauren versions
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Public relations my friend, public relations.

All these "cut corners" are starting to turn Blizzard's, or at least WoW's, name to shit.
    As long as there are still people paying for the game, their shareholders stay happy, so they stay happy. /shrug

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    then I'm no one

They found the time to design a moni moonkin and a mini ragnaros they sell for money... but keep on defending them. It's Blizzard, the game is sacred, you shall not say anything negativ about it. I know I know.
    I'm not defending them, I'm stating facts, you're the one getting all bent out of shape because they reused models in their game, which in the end were very fitting for the time being.

If you've waited 5 years, why can't you wait a few more months?

Quote Originally Posted by moohmooh View Post
    gratz.. uve found a owlbeast after..... 6 years..... clear the press! we all know 100% that THIS is how its gonna look like.onehundred procent! 100..... procent! 1hundred... %
    No you did not. The same "savage owlbeast" looked like that in the past:

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    If you've waited 5 years, why can't you wait a few more months?
    Because:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...t-with-BestBuy

Q: Is the Moonkin form for troll and worgen on the beta and ptr the final form or is it just a placeholder?

A: Final!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatyre View Post
    As long as there are still people paying for the game, their shareholders stay happy, so they stay happy. /shrug
    But that's just the thing. One of the things that makes WoW great is that the people that make it, love it. If it keeps going the way it's going people like Metzen and Samwise might just stop caring about the game, only working as long as they have to per day and putting in minimal effort.

Then WoW's subscription count will start dropping as players notice this decline in quality.

Rhys: exactly - why is the redshirt guy so popular, because he cared and payed attention. That's not whine or cry, that's caring for something you like (or even love). And if you see, that the developers seem to stop caring the way they did in the past it's sad. I still hope their "final" answer was sarcastic.