Level XP 71-80 reduction question

If the amount of XP necessary is being reduced by 20 percent, does that mean people can expect to instantly gain levels?

I mean, one of my alts is lvl 78 and half way to lvl 79, but if XP across the board in that bracket is being reduced 20 percent, wouldnt that put me close to 80 in terms of total XP?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    As far as I am aware, yes

If you have enough xp to ding you will ~ your xp wont be reduced by 20%

No, it just means you'll need 20% less experience to get to 80, so it should go faster.

Before when they did this, I think they scaled it down by percentage and your XP bar would go down. I don't think that's what they're doing this time, I think they're just gonna keep you at your current %%, idk all my toons are 80 now.

I have to admit that it would be pretty cool to logout at level 78 and log in a couple days later and be 79.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizler View Post
    No, it just means you'll need 20% less experience to get to 80, so it should go faster.
    Yeah thats what I mean.

Lets scale this down for the sake of simplicity, but lets say you need
    1 million XP to get to 80 before, and you have 900,000.

If they reduce that number by 20 percent, or 1/5th, that means youd need 800,000 XP to get to 80.

But you logged out with 900,000. Does that mean you ding when you log back in?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega View Post
    Yeah thats what I mean.

Lets scale this down for the sake of simplicity, but lets say you need
    1 million XP to get to 80 before, and you have 900,000.

If they reduce that number by 20 percent, or 1/5th, that means youd need 800,000 XP to get to 80.

But you logged out with 900,000. Does that mean you ding when you log back in?
    No, say you were 20k to ding, and after this change you'd be one exp away.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    When they did this to BC you didn't actually gain a level. But were put 1exp under the next level if the scaling was in your favour.
    As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me. -- Scottish tombstone epitaph