10+ Year Old Account

Faction change new race combos?

Ok, so Blizzard said that we won't be able to RACE CHANGE to any of the new race/class combinations until Cataclysm hits. But, will someone who just changed faction be able to set the toons race to let's say, Troll Druid?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    Ok, so Blizzard said that we WILL be able to race change to any of the new race/class combinations...
    FTFY

"I understand the decision from an economic perspective but I was wondering if the deveopers were disappointed in the decision to allow race changes immediately following the release of the expansion."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine View Post
    FTFY

"I understand the decision from an economic perspective but I was wondering if the deveopers were disappointed in the decision to allow race changes immediately following the release of the expansion."
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ill-unanswered

That's my concern. If only race change will not work or if when faction changing, you will (or not) be able to select a race with the new race/class combos active.

Per say, instead of having a Tauren Druid and wanting to Race change to troll. A person who used to be a NE Druid Faction Changing to horde, and when prompted to choose a race being able to chose Troll.

How about race and faction changes? Will I be able to change my Mage from Human to Dwarf right whne it comes out? Or will we have to wait a certain period of time before the new race options become available?
    TC:
    They'll be able to do that right away. So for any of the combos that are available, we currently expect players to be able to do the race change into those as soon as The Shattering happens."

Since the faction change is identical to the race change in functionality once you're past the actual faction swap, you will be able to do this in any configuration you choose.
    Last edited by Rasputine; 2010-11-23 at 04:13 AM.