Poll: Not being able to race change is

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

not being able to race change in 4.0.3a

What do you guys think? personally I think it is stupid that I cannot change to one of the new combinations. I don't wanna risk having to wait 2-3 days for race changing when cata comes. I really don't get the reasoning...
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

Deleted
    What ?

i dun get u at all.

why wait 2-3 days for a race change?
    and wtf with the risk?
    Last edited by depthnight; 2010-11-22 at 08:42 PM.

what the hell are you talking about OP? you can race change tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse View Post
    what the hell are you talking about Unclejesse? you CAN'T race change tomorrow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 309blank View Post
    What do you guys think? personally I think it is stupid that I cannot change to one of the new combinations. I don't wanna risk having to wait 2-3 days for race changing when cata comes. I really don't get the reasoning...
    What's the RISK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse View Post
    You cant race change tomorow..

And with risk he means that there might be a huge que build up because so many people are race changing.

Are you talking about to goblin/worgen or say, night elf mage (for example)?

If you're worried about having to wait after release day for your race change to go through, I suggest buying it a few days beforehand. According to GMs, that will let you change to new combo/gobbo/worg after release, but it'll lock you out of that character. Then you play on an alt until midnight PST on the 7th. :P

That's what I'm planning to do in order to make my main a worgen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leshya View Post
    Are you talking about to goblin/worgen or say, night elf mage (for example)?
    He means the new class combos. Like night elf mage, troll druid ext ext.

Deleted
    Very good decision. It is far more natural to level up new race/class combinations than just use some scary gnome transformation.. wait what?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Good timing! Bornakk just recently commented on this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Changing to the new race/class combos will also be available once Cataclysm is released on December 7th. There will be a period of time between the Shattering and the launch of Cataclysm where the new combos can be created but not changed into. As with everything, this could change.
    So, while you will be able to create, let's say, a dwarf shaman or a tauren paladin just after the shattering, you will be unable to change an existing character into any of the new race/class combinations using the Race Change service until Cataclysm is released.

Should this structure at all change, we'll be sure to let you know.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...age=1#new-post

MEH?

Oh you can't race change into the new class combos? I never read that anywhere, but I didn't look. (Edit: And now the person above me lovingly posts the blue post ) As for fearing a queue, I personally went ahead and bought my race change for my mage (to goblin). You can continue playing just like normal, and you will have it ready to go right when the expansion hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    He means the new class combos. Like night elf mage, troll druid ext ext.
    But those are going to be able to be done tomorrow, it has been confirmed....4.0.3a will introduce the new combinations. Race X-fering has already been confirmed...

N/M, didn't see the updated blue post, thats stupid.

First you and the guy/gal that made the thread about how its illogical you can't roll a gob/worgen with the Shattering should talk.....as you have similar "we want it all NOW" mindsets...

They have to hold back some stuff for Cata --- there's also people crying that its dumb that in 4.0.3a we won't be able to fly in old world...

So if blizz did everything requested for 4.0.3a

-- we'd have goblins / worgen

-- old world flying

-- ability to race change into a new class combo right away....

The only thing that would be left to be excited for Cata then would be the new zones and instances...

And for crying out loud its only 2 more weeks away...

Deleted
    Very good decision. It is far more natural to level up new race/class combinations than just use some scary gnome transformation.. wait what?
    Yeeeah, I have an 80 druid. But now i want a troll one and I actually -want- to make him new and experience and zones and enjoy it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    First you and the guy/gal that made the thread about how its illogical you can't roll a gob/worgen with the Shattering should talk.....as you have similar "we want it all NOW" mindsets...

They have to hold back some stuff for Cata --- there's also people crying that its dumb that in 4.0.3a we won't be able to fly in old world...

So if blizz did everything requested for 4.0.3a

-- we'd have goblins / worgen

-- old world flying

-- ability to race change into a new class combo right away....

The only thing that would be left to be excited for Cata then would be the new zones and instances...

And for crying out loud its only 2 more weeks away...
    what a ridiculous comparison. I just thought that that came kinda out of the blue. I never thought that we wouldn't be able to race change instantly, I mean, why would they restrict that? I already have a ton of alts and im gonna roll even more ( I have been deleting unused characters so i have room for new alts) So i WILL experience all the new zones and everything. I just don't wanna be a b11 anymore. I lvled my pala after the new class combinations were announced specifically so that i could be a tauren.

and old world flying and two NEW RACES are a lot more gamechangig than being able to race change to the new combos. It just seems arbitrary. you can race change to gobo right away when they become available.
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

Deleted
    Did I miss something? The new race/class combos are out tommorow...and you can change to them...

Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    Did I miss something? The new race/class combos are out tommorow...and you can change to them...
    clearly u didnt read my blue post above