Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Low level Disengage

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Disengage is now available from trainers at level 14.
    ....That's a remarkably sweet little change. Not that I plan on leveling another hunter anytime soon, but it's such a fundamental hunter ability, it's wonderful that it will be available at low levels.

Though on the other hand, Deterrence was raised from level 36 to 78. One hand giveth, the other taketh away, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Disengage is now available from trainers at level 14.
    ....That's a remarkably sweet little change. Not that I plan on leveling another hunter anytime soon, but it's such a fundamental hunter ability, it's wonderful that it will be available at low levels.

Though on the other hand, Deterrence was raised from level 36 to 78. One hand giveth, the other taketh away, I suppose.
    Personally I don't find lvling through PVP the most beneficial way. Especially when you can now go BM and solo grp quests and mobs 5 lvls higher than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Personally I don't find lvling through PVP the most beneficial way. Especially when you can now go BM and solo grp quests and mobs 5 lvls higher than you.
    I'd argue that Disengage is a fundamental ability in both PvE and PvP, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disengage is a huge deal, for lower levels to get this, it is a big deal. This will impact lower level BGs a lot, since other classes dont get their anti-kite abilities as soon, and give more of a huntery feel. It will increase deaths by falling heavily, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Very interesting. I can think of a handful of times while leveling my hunter that I wish I Disengage. To bad I won't level another hunter.

Now they just need to make it usable outside of combat!
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

This is good. Maybe i should have waited to level my hunter. High up this saved my hunter's ass so many times. I only fell twice :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    Now they just need to make it usable outside of combat!
    YES PLEASE. Being able to use Disengage out of combat would just be an unholy amount of fun.

YES PLEASE. Being able to use Disengage out of combat would just be an unholy amount of fun.
    Considering Goblins have it I don't see why not anymore.

I can see it usable in pve but no low lvl instances kill you for standing somewhere too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is getting implemented in 4.0.3a?
    Tankadin in Aurora. 6/6HC MSV 6/6HC HOF 3/4HC Terrace 3 days a week (25).

Quote Originally Posted by chris1554 View Post
    This is getting implemented in 4.0.3a?
    It is in the patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blink is allowed out of combat, there is no reason for disengage not to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd argue that Disengage is a fundamental ability in both PvE and PvP, however.
    I'd just like to point out that long before disengage became the jump back ability that it is today, hunters where still awesome in both pve and pvp
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

I've always wanted to to be able to do this as well, I've even thought of games for disengage, for example, on the Dalaran south bank or the horde bank there are two ledges, one on each side of the stair, disengage back and forth between the two, or come up with harder jumps. If you've got two hunters, make a game of "par kor"? (I don't know the spelling, it was on The Office tv series when they were making fun of it) where you try and get from one place to another without touching the ground, or make a simple game of HORSE, rather than use a basketball, do a disengage from one surface to another and make your hunter friend copy your jump exactly, if they don't land on the right area, they get a letter. Also, mix speed potions, nitro boosts (for engineers), and try and disengage off ungodly tall stair sets.

Unholy amount of fun I'd say so.

Deleted
    Having disengage at lvl 14 will have heavy repercussions for low level PvP. The only melee classes fully able to handle hunter kitability is the feral at that level. This will utterly ruin warriors and rets in low brackets.

10+ Year Old Account
    It used to be level 34 or something in 3.3.5, then got changed to ?76? And now it goes back where its supposed to be. Damn that wouldve been a useful spell in alot of scenarios while i was levelling from 45-70

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    I'd just like to point out that long before disengage became the jump back ability that it is today, hunters where still awesome in both pve and pvp
    I lol'ed. Hunters sucked in PvP in TBC except for drain comps. They had by far the lowest participation in gladiator teams.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    I lol'ed. Hunters sucked in PvP in TBC except for drain comps. They had by far the lowest participation in gladiator teams.
    This is still true. It's always been true. Hunters only shine in BGs because they can sit behind groups of people and turret. This will be a good thing when you can get arena gear from BGs, except that if hunters become a dangerous class to leave alone in BGs, they'll stop being left alone. The people who think hunters are fine in PvP are the people who remember level 60 and aimed shot in full epics.

In both grinding and low level BGs, disengage will be leagues more helpful than deterrence. I can't tell you how many times on the beta I had a mob on me and kept spamming my disengage keybind, only to remember there's nothing there.

As an aside, I think the old drain teams were better for hunters than current PvP methods. Endurance matches were actually a pretty legit way for a hunter to win a fight, now it's all kill or be killed, dancing in an our of melee with warriors or dancing in and out of range with warlocks like some crappy ballet.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-11-23 at 01:03 AM.

Sooo nice for fighting those rogues at low levels...

Oh wait...You are dead after the first shot anyways.

This makes me very happy. Honestly, with the increased cooldown on deterrence (I'm not crazy, am I? It was 30 seconds before? I sure remember using it every bone storm on Marrowgar), I don't find it very useful at all, so losing out on it at low levels is pretty much eh. Disengage, though, that's freaking awesome. My baby hunter had gotten high enough to have it and it was so painful to lose it.