Deleted

Fastest way to 80?

Hello MMOC,

I have decided to roll a hunter, for Cataclysm.
    The end is near, and I will have to speed up a bit..

I currently dont have anyone to RAF with, so I guess thats not an option. However, I am willing to pay gold for boosting. (boost from 10 to 80 I assume)
    I dont have BoA items. Will it take more time farming those, instead of just going directly levelling with no BoA? (due to new justice changes, it seems like a lot of justice points are required)

Give me your tips and advices, thanks in advance! :-)

would hear a answer to its question too.

thinking on lvling a warrior and i dont have have any boa itens (also i only have 1.5k jp yet, and it will be a little hard to get all boas until tomorrow lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just level them as is, the cost of the boa items is ludacris, you can essentially get three pieces of t-10 for the price of one boa item..... Just level as is, through bg's and such!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not that many JPs you need. There's only 2 items that raise exp gain, and they cost 2k ish points total last I checked.

Edit: Nvm. Wowhead must have had some outdated info. 2k a piece! o__O
    Last edited by Kuja; 2010-11-23 at 12:10 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

2.1k each, total is 4.2k lol

If you are willing to buy a new acct, its pretty easy to find someone that with RAF with you through the forums. They will also powerlevel you and give you a decent amount of gold. Remember, they also get a new alt and potentially a cool new rocket!

Deleted
    Take a weeks holiday and stock up on snacks before hand.

Seriously though. Why rush? You can't get level above 80 'til 7th Dec. It's crazy quick to level these days and 70-80 is about to get even quicker. Beyond that, you'll have a good few weeks in hand to get to 85 before anyone even has a chance of out gearing you for the first tier of raid content.

So, chill Winston.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons To 60

then quests till 80

Wait till 4.0.3 and then start questing. There are many, many new quests and it will be like you have never quested there before.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Droeslol View Post
    Dungeons To 60

then quests till 80
    <----this, especially if you have a lvl80 with decent kill speed to boost you.

Deleted
    Forget heirlooms. Seriously. Their cost is exorbitant. By the time you've collected even two, many old hand levellers could have easily got to 60 or even 70-80. They are that costly. Way out of reach for most players in time for Cata and levelling to 80.

As dps/hunter,

1-58: queue in LFD except during Call to Arms, then queue for BGs instead. Quest otherwise. Dungeon quests unnecesary.
    58-68: forget BG and just run dungeons (make very sure to pick up Outland dungeon quests they are easy quick XP because Outland is small to access).
    68-80: LFD for first two dungeons (UK and Nexus). BG back on again during Call to Arms. Quest otherwise.

Boosting is always an option. But as some have said already, only really efficient up to 60. It's also very tedious...
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-11-23 at 12:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Forget heirlooms. Seriously. Their cost is exorbitant. By the time you've collected even two, many old hand levellers could have easily got to 60 or even 70-80. They are that costly. Way out of reach for most players in time for Cata and levelling to 80.

As dps/hunter,

1-58: queue in LFD except during Call to Arms, then queue for BGs instead. Quest otherwise. Dungeon quests unnecesary.
    58-68: forget BG and just run dungeons (make very sure to pick up Outland dungeon quests they are easy quick XP because Outland is small to access).
    68-80: LFD for first two dungeons (UK and Nexus). BG back on again during Call to Arms. Quest otherwise.

Boosting is always an option. But as some have said already, only really efficient up to 60. It's also very tedious...
    What a lovely post.
    Thanks!

I have 60 champions seals (thats a shoulder or chest BoA piece, I believe) what should I choose? shoulder or chest?

Take that path, first to the left, turn right at the fourth intersection, walk till you see a tree stump. Go offroad here to the north and keep walking till you come across a river, follow the stream. Roughly 10 minutes walking you'll find a dirt road, go to the right, when you hit the fork take a right again. Should be behind the third rock.

As dps/hunter,

so dungeon/bg on cta, are better than questing?

or queue for dungeons and stay questing until you get called for dungeon/bg?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would think if you're tank or healer than the quickest (albeit mind-numbingly boring, to the point you want to gouge your eyes out) way would be to just chain run Dungeons since you get a near-instant (or instant) queue, and only quest to break up the monotony or if you get sick of running UK or DTK for the 30th time.

If you're DPS then the fastest way IMO is to just queue up and do the easy kill/gather quests (i.e. not the minor ones that take you all over) until your queue pops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    so dungeon/bg on cta, are better than questing?

or queue for dungeons and stay questing until you get called for dungeon/bg?
    Good point, if you're actually levelling during Cata. You have to travel to each dungeon to be able to queue for it, afaik. This could slow down levelling a bit. However, the advantage is that you get to pick up dungeon quests. That can be a big XP gain for some dungeons and in total. It is certainly good for gearing during questing therefore speeding up your levelling.

The advantage for BGs I guess is that you will still not have to visit them. Thus, saving a lot of time. Unforttunately, without premades, BGs are only decent XP compared to dungeons during Call To Arms with very few exceptions (most of them 70-79).

By the way, get an addon called XToLevel, its very useful to monitor exactly how much XP you're getting from different sources. These things are subject to change a lot. For Cata, the info wil be even less available so being able to track your own XP gains should prove useful.

Good point, if you're actually levelling during Cata. You have to travel to each dungeon to be able to queue for it, afaik. This could slow down levelling a bit. However, the advantage is that you get to pick up dungeon quests. That can be a big XP gain for some dungeons and in total. It is certainly good for gearing during questing therefore speeding up your levelling.

The advantage for BGs I guess is that you will still not have to visit them. Thus, saving a lot of time. Unforttunately, without premades, BGs are only decent XP compared to dungeons during Call To Arms with very few exceptions (most of them 70-79).

By the way, get an addon called XToLevel, its very useful to monitor exactly how much XP you're getting from different sources. These things are subject to change a lot. For Cata, the info wil be even less available so being able to track your own XP gains should prove useful.
    i am starting to lvl tomorrow, with the new world

howeover, i am not good, on quest, and since i am lvling warrior in protection spec, my queue would be almost instant (not sure btw, i think much people will reroll to be warrior lol)

yet, only have 1.5k jp, so likely not getting heirlooms, (or i could use the heirlooms from druid or just lvl druid to 60 and then war).

i'll try to lvl in dungeon/quests to see, but i do better with dungeons lol.

i have a lvl 70 warlock, still, no much patience for quests

Personal opinion...forget the BOA stuff because you will drop all the gear you need during the leveling or can buy it on AH).....BOA are just too dear, generally not the top of the tree at level and the xp bonus is not great enough to overcome the other two issues in my opinion. Also half the fun leveling is the gear drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealight View Post
    Hello MMOC,

I have decided to roll a hunter, for Cataclysm.
    The end is near, and I will have to speed up a bit..

I currently dont have anyone to RAF with, so I guess thats not an option. However, I am willing to pay gold for boosting. (boost from 10 to 80 I assume)
    I dont have BoA items. Will it take more time farming those, instead of just going directly levelling with no BoA? (due to new justice changes, it seems like a lot of justice points are required)

Give me your tips and advices, thanks in advance! :-)
    Fastest way to 80 is to focus and don't spend time doing other things. No, spending time grinding for BoA's isn't going to shave as much time off as it will add.

Don't waste time in cities screwing with people in trade, don't level any professions, don't gather anything, questgrind in areas where there are many quests and limited travel requirements.

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbugga View Post
    Personal opinion...forget the BOA stuff because you will drop all the gear you need during the leveling or can buy it on AH).....BOA are just too dear, generally not the top of the tree at level and the xp bonus is not great enough to overcome the other two issues in my opinion. Also half the fun leveling is the gear drops.
    Ok, you're right that he shouldn't bother with farming BoA gear, but you're completely wrong as to why/ BoA gear is rare-quality and stays that way each and every level. And it is itemized, for the most part (the PvE stuff, not the PvP BoAs), very , very well.

The only reason he shouldn't farm them up is because it would take more time to farm them up than it would shave off of his leveling time. Unless, of course, he wants to level more than 1 alt. In which case you only have to farm the stuff once and you can shave 20% off of the leveling time of multiple alts.

And he obviously doesn't care about "half the fun leveling is gear drops" because he wants to get it over with as quickly as possible.