ZG Mount farming: Warrior

i started playing wow back in TBC, only just found out about this mount farming thing. im just wondering what the best strategies are for killing the Raptor and Tiger bosses in ZG for a warrior? my warriors in full icc gear, and has a prot and dps set. any ideas on what spec to use and how to kill them efficiently?

You only have one chance! ZG is removed (as a raid) in two days!

I haven't done ZG solo as warr in WLK (I did in tbc, where protection with 100%blockV was king), and I heard most warrs soloed things with Bloodthirst/Prot-spec, but that's removed now.

You can't go wrong with either bloodthirst or prot, I think. Just glyph/specc for extra healing.

Well cleave and WW is how you do the Tiger boss and his adds, they have to all go down close to the same time. And raptor is just a tank n spank really, he fears, no biggie. Though both will be gone within the next 20 hours or so.

Deleted
    I'm in close-to-BiS gear so I don't know how people lesser geared are handling it, but I just cleave.. interrupt the heal on tiger that's all. when you drop low just use enraged reg & Last stand.

Urhm just run in ....

I did this on my 3.5k GS warrior solo. (as prot)

Just use your heals when you need them (e.g. i dunno what its called)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to start a huge flame deal here, but if you have full ICC gear on two specs, how is it possible that lvl 60 raid content is baffling you?

Raptor Boss: Step 1 - Kill Boss
    Tiger Boss: Step 1 - DPS all targets down and kill them at the same time, interrupting heals. Step 2 - Kill boss.

i had a hard time doing it on my mage with all the silences and my rogue had a really hard time killing the bosses before running out of health. i just wanna walk in and kill them both without wiping.

Deleted
    Lol, you're too late buddy

10+ Year Old Account
    I go and demolish them as Fury

1. Reach boss
    2. Deathwish
    3.???
    4.Profit

I have been doing it for years and gotten neither mount to drop, your chances are slim but some people have done it(or said so anyway) in one kill. for a war just go in and try it, take a friend that has the mount already or someone that is a real frined that will help you and not take the mount if it drops(ML) like they said you only have one shot then its gone for until they make it drop somewhere else.

i know i got till the end of the day, im not one for farming mounts, just figured i run in and give it a shot before its gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nieronoid View Post
    Lol, you're too late buddy
    Last chance saloon. Literally. Well, not saloon literally, more last chance ancient jungle troll altar.

Deleted
    Please post here again, when the mount dropped.

... So we can rage about you

i went in as fury on thekal and the tiger dropped, not sure how im gonna go the raptor guy. whats the drop rate on these mounts? it would be nice to get them both

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because of this post, I decided "What the hell....I'll try!" and BAM tiger dropped. Hooray!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can solo as fury. When your health is low pop enraged regeneration!

i got both the raptor in july of this year and tiger actually yesterday on my last run so belive me im still shaking in disbelief so im super happy