Deleted

Nvidia Optimus Technology

Hi guys,

I got a Asus laptop with Intel GMA HD and Geforce GT 335M with Nvidia Optimus Technology. Now here is the funny thing. I don't know how the HELL you are meant to know when optimus is using whichever graphics card... I don't know if there is a piece of software or something already in windows 7 that will let me know what GC i am using. There is a light on the laptop that changes its colour which I am pretty sure indicates whether it is using intel or nvidia, but that doesnt matter since i don't know what light means what.

Anyone know how to help me to figure out how to be sure of what card i am using. Might be a dumb question but I'm lost. There is frick all about this shiz on the net.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a youtube tutorial for how Optimus works etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh4HC...ayer_embedded#!

I do believe it answers your question.

Do you have the N53JN Asus?
    Hi

Deleted
    Yes, Asus N53JN

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, I'm such a good guesser.

Anyway, I found a nice tool.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/top...n-users-hands/

Download the .64bit one, since I assume you have windows 7 64bit in the N53JN as my laptop has it (Same as yours).

Extract it to desktop or whatever, run the "NvGPUStateViewer64", a window will appear and it will say "NVIDIA GPU: ON" for instance. if you check the box "Show applications rendered by DGPU", you will see what processes (i.e if WoW.exe is open, it will show there) that is using the Nvidia graphics card. So, if there is any processes that appears, try ending them, that should make the Nvidia GPU to go into idle / off. Then you will be using the intel one.

And about the light, I assume you mean the one next to the power button? Blue light = intel, White light = Nvidia it seems. Though I'm not sure.
    Hi