Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Race change tomorrow?

I could have sworn I read that we could do a paid race change to troll tomorrow, but a guildie is saying no.

Any confirmation on this would be appreciated!

It is confirmed. There is a blue post that I don't have a link to, but it is in multiple other threads.

According to the following thread, your guildy is correct. You will be able to roll a troll, but not race change to a troll.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...71759?page=1#6

Its confirmed that we can or that we cant?

EDIT nvm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    You can racechange to all new race/class combos except Worgen/Goblin tomorrow, so yes
    This is what ive read.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks like we can't. that blows.

thanks for the heads up.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    This is what ive read.
    See, I thought I had read that as well. I just can't find the post.

Update

so it looks like blizz has posted an updated post about 10 mins ago stating you CAN do a paid race/faction change to the new race/class combos

can see the official post here

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1015371759?page=6#110

it wont let me post it as a link because i am a new member but you can click on the link up a little higher in the post and goto last page to see the new update post

Paid Race Change to the new class combos will be available as soon as they are available to create (with the release of 4.0.3a)

This is an update to the previous expected functioning of this service. We're in the process of ensuring everyone here has this latest updated information, just know that this is what's now accurate.

Deleted

First they didn't think they would be able to do it in time. Now they do. Easiest to use the blue tracker to see how it changed: blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/128962/race-change-question-still-unanswered

race change is unavailable, i knew i should've done it earlier

Tomorrow once servers are online YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR RACE TO ANY OF THE NEW CLASS COMBINATIONS. Meaning, YES you can make a Troll druid or a Tauren Paladin and so on! I forsee big $$ inc for blizzard

I've done race changes in the past and they only took 30-45min to go through. With the huge influx of race changes, do people think it will take hrs instead? I have a raid Tue night, around 8pm EST. I know it's only speculation, but you think my druid with be ready to rock Troll by then or should I just wait till after raid to be safe?

Edit. Nvm I just paid for the race change on my Bnet. It should go through when I log on my account and edit my toon on the character selection screen, as soon as the servers come back online.
    Last edited by Archdrood; 2010-11-23 at 05:52 PM.