Taking bets on extended maintenance!

How long is it going to take past the 2PM EST "uptime" to have the servers functional?

I'll say around 6 PM EST. So 4 hours.

I am going with 4 est. so +2

for some reason i have a feeling they'll be up on time or earlier today. i dunno what i smoked, i don't recall anything. i'm normally your typical blizzard pessimist but today I just have a good feeling.

A few battlegroups Up at 5pm east then back down within 30 minutes for another 2 hours with them all coming back up at about 9-10pm east .

I'm with frost. This is a very minor patch, an activation tool. All this data has been here for almost 2 months already. If there is an extended downtime, i bet its an hour at most, but I think its coming up on time.

I'm not really expecting much of a delay tbh, most of the data has been on servers for a couple of weeks now and also it is mostly cosmetic changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing they'll be up on time. The mini-patch is already out, and opening WoW kicks off with the cinematic, so there probably isn't honestly much work to be done short making sure servers are ready for it.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    This and my hunches tend to be right especially when i cant beat em down with common sense. Which of course says it won;t be up till 6pm AK time so 5 pacific at the earliest. But my vote goes for on time.

imma go with 10 pst i lost all faith in the times they give.

I won't go so far as to say things will be on time, but given the amount we pre-downloaded and how smoothly the PTR went, I'll be optimistic and say 1 PST (4 EST).

seeing as the last patch didn't have too much extended maintenance i doubt it. i'll place my bet on 1 hour after the listed time

I'll go with 8 pm eastern time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    I'm not really expecting much of a delay tbh, most of the data has been on servers for a couple of weeks now and also it is mostly cosmetic changes.
    It's not necessarily about the data or the bugs but more of an issue of server stability as everyone and his brother try to check out the revamped old world ASAP...

I think they could be up and stable as early as 9 AM PST...

... tomorrow.

Whenever i wake up since it's currently 1.34am here and i'm off to bed :P

That's the plus side about the southern hemisphere during daylight savings, WOW goes down at 10pm or 12 so you don't notice maintenance.

Sucks when we don't have daylight savings though.

Well I have to say I'm glad I have one more day to finish my pilgrim meta achiev and that hopefully the problems found during the US realms maintenance will translate in punctual EU maintenance.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a pretty small/pretty widely pre-downloaded patch, I think we might actually get close to the proper time.

I'm going to go with either a very small extension, like 2 hours, or something will go horribly horribly wrong and we'll be lucky if we see them at all tonight.

Leaning towards the first one at the moment, but I don't think it will be in the middle/the rather standard 6-8 hour delay.

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    It's not necessarily about the data or the bugs but more of an issue of server stability as everyone and his brother try to check out the revamped old world ASAP...
    But that wouldn't be extended downtime (unless they bring them back down to fix it) that's just normal patch congestion.

The servers would be up, just queuing/almost unusable

There is a slight difference

10+ Year Old Account
    1-2 hours max. Most of the stuff is already on the realms and since everybody will get hs'ed to there hs location what will prevend any problems. Nah i dont think it will take to long.

People appear the graveyard nearest the place they logged off not their HS location as some HS locations have moved too, such as Org.