10+ Year Old Account

[Deathwing] - What's the deal?

First, please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject. I am seeking insight from those whom are better educated on Deathwing's history.

After watching the Cataclysm cinematic intro I am confused about what exactly is going on.

Who built the scaffolding that surrounds Deathwing while he's under Azeroth's crust? Why are they attaching plates of armor to his body? Is Deathwing their prisoner? and if not, why does he trash about while it's happening? (is it painful?)... What is going on? Did he plan his 'escape' or did others plan it for him?

I realize it was an Old God that made him batty to begin with.. being so deep underground for so long but why is he so mad?
    Last edited by Petal; 2010-11-23 at 03:56 PM.

Gee, didn't you recognize the area? It's the bad-guy factory under Saruman's tower.

Im pretty sure its the goblins building the armor and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Shachar View Post
    Gee, didn't you recognize the area? It's the bad-guy factory under Saruman's tower.
    LOL!! That made me laugh XD...bad-guy factory...hahahaha

10,000 years ago Deathwing became so powerful that he literally couldn't fit inside his own body. He enslaved Goblins to make a metal body for him. Now we jump to the present time. Deathwing only gets stronger, and his body needs maintenance. In the Cinematic you're watching his Twilight servents fix, and upgrade his body. He's basically preparing himself to invade Azeroth.

When you can go to Deepholme you can actually see the place where Deathwing was being worked on in the cinematic.

Goblins are the ones who originally built his armor however the twilight's hammer are putting it on for him. Without that armor he becomes a tentacle freak thanks to the old gods.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    without that armor he becomes a tentacle freak thanks to the old gods.
    lol
    Protection/Arms Warrior <Warsong-US>

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    10,000 years ago Deathwing became so powerful that he literally couldn't fit inside his own body. He enslaved Goblins to make a metal body for him. Now we jump to the present time. Deathwing only gets stronger, and his body needs maintenance. In the Cinematic you're watching his Twilight servents fix, and upgrade his body. He's basically preparing himself to invade Azeroth.

When you can go to Deepholme you can actually see the place where Deathwing was being worked on in the cinematic.
    So uh oh, bring down the chin and breast-plate and he will explode?
    Most people are under the belief that I think i am better than everyone else
    this is false
    I know i am better than everyone else
    So in end of day, most ppl not even good

http://www.wowwiki.com/Deathwing and also http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Cataclysm gives a lot of information.

Basically, he's been waiting for a long time to destroy the world. I'm guessing he planned everything and got the cultists to help him prepare. Even though he hates all mortals, he doesn't hold back on using them. I'm not too big on lore but your post got me wondering about it as well. Just skimming through those two links I've got a pretty good idea now. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Goblins are the ones who originally built his armor however the twilight's hammer are putting it on for him. Without that armor he becomes a tentacle freak thanks to the old gods.
    His adamantium armor was weakened from his previous assault on Azeroth, and/or simply couldn't contain him anymore. In the cinematic the Twilight's Hammer is fitting him with new elementium armor while he's recovering from his wounds. It's apparently a painful process. He's also in a persistent state of anguish from the evil powers and molten lava coursing through him.

Another main thing that has been added to his lore is that he had destroyed resources and altered the terrain that he had created to promote a peaceful existence, in order to incite chaos and conflict amongst the races of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    It seems he just becomes severely weakened, thus he had stronger armor made from elementium, the power of which isn't completely appreciated yet.
    Last edited by pleaserelax; 2010-11-23 at 03:58 PM.