Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Da troll bears be not gone, mon. We be 'aight 'ere watchin' ya.

Of course bear tanks are going to viable in cataclysm, it like blizz removing warrior from the tanking role.
    For all practical purposes, this has happened already. Having lived through the BC where warriors were basically made 2nd rate tanks, which led to me rerolling as a druid, it took something like a year before warriors were really straightened out (and even then tended to be overshadowed by paladins who were much better at AoE and druids who were more survivable.)

For example, maybe DPS shamans were the odd class out in WotLK, or casters took a back seat to melee DPS.

Hopefully, the mastery changes make it easier for them to balance classes. I'll reserve judgement until I see that happen.

Based on experience, someone will be ahead (and get nerfed badly). someone will be well behind, and may never catch up. Hopefully neither one applies to bears, but it is a bit early to tell.

Deleted
    lol

"blizzard will nerf a class they created for tanking, so that it can no longer tank"

yeah right?

and its nothing they're testing before sending out on the servers in regards to balance and survivability... and ofc threat gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Troll posters are as viable as ever.

Where ... ? ^^ Oh silly me ...

OT - bear Tanks will and are viable. And as other posters have stated and inline with Blizz historically - if they aren't then they will get tweaked / buffed so they are

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i cant hold aggro on anything anymore
    BLIZZARD, GIVE ME MY THREAT BACK ATLEAST!

10+ Year Old Account
    tab - lacerate,

and since lacerate crits can not give SD anymore, use Pulverize to keep the crit buff up, the upfront damage on lacerate can crit -not periodic-

so charge -maulmangle -faerie fire - lacerate -laceratemaul - lacerate - lacerate - pulverizemaul - get 3 lacerates - berserk, maul+ manglemanglemangle;so on, pulverize soon as the 3stack lacerate has like... 1-2 seconds left, then mangle till berserk falls off.

9% extra crit on top of over 50% base crit, maul not using auto attack,

ohh for ae packs, even though they nerfed thorns

thorns - bearform - charge maulswipe - lacerate tab lacerate tab swipe, get about 4 things lacerated, and your mangle cd will be chain reset.

so mangle maul, and dont even bother with swipe tbh... except large aoe groups (more than 5 or so)

i've had no problems with threat on my (decently) geared druid, not even going to say well geared.
    average ilvl 251 or so.

but yeah for bosses, who needs lacerate ticks, when you can keep a 9% crit buff up, that will give you 4.5% extra chances (since 50% per crit) SD procs.

not to mention it is lovely for threat gen.

--edit:
    my druid is Adaline - Darkspear
    Last edited by Christan; 2010-11-24 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Adaline - Darkspear
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

yes, swipe with a whooping 30% 2t10 set bonus hits for less than it did when it was spamable now. Good for countering some initial heal aggro but for pretty much nothing else. I just wish there would be a thorns glyph do make it usable in bear form and a pulverize glyph to not consume lacerates.

I just connected my bear and saw that I went from 50k life to 42k avg. wth. My crappy pally as more than that now at 46k. The leader of the pack heal nerf kinda hurt too. I trully hope everything goes well come lvl85 and that we don't become the new DKs xD (who are the best tanks in the game now)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any good player will always be OP in the eyes of the non-viable. Get your game faces on, because BARE IS 4 TANK!