Page 1 of 2
LastLast

They didn't even wait until 1pm PST to post ...

"Maintenance has been extended to 5:00 PM PST. Thank you for your patience"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083608453
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

the sky must be purple... this is the first time I've seen them announce an extension this far in advance.

at least they're learning... only took them 5 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    this thread will contain new and interesting posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    this thread will contain new and interesting posts.
    This.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Moan moan moan, bitch bitch bitch..yeah, since this is the first patch EVAH and the first extended maintenance EVAH this is so fekking unexpected.
    No one ever said it was unexpected, you'd just think Blizz would be able to give better quotes after epically failing to achieve the 11am pst timeline time and time again.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Moan moan moan, bitch bitch bitch..yeah, since this is the first patch EVAH and the first extended maintenance EVAH this is so fekking unexpected.
    You do realize you're the first person to actually bitch about something in this thread right?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's alot of changes , Bear with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Speeding Wheels View Post
    the sky must be purple... this is the first time I've seen them announce an extension this far in advance.

Its actually 6 years now lol

Lot of changes but they just needed to "flip a switch" to implement them.

Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    No one ever said it was unexpected, you'd just think Blizz would be able to give better quotes after epically failing to achieve the 11am pst timeline time and time again.
    The only reliable thing they could post is that they're extending the down time without specifying when they'll be back up, but then people would bitch about not getting a definite time of when it would be up.

Quote Originally Posted by Speeding Wheels View Post

With a few of the maintenances recently, they have announced extensions before the previous extension expired. But an extra 4 hours more than an hour before the current extension was about to end? Sounds like they discovered something major.

Rather them say 5 pm then say 2 pm, then 3 pm, then 4 pm...crushing my hopes and dreams each and every time

Maybe we can log on tomorrow. Don't hope for too much.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lickmun View Post
    this

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Luxury of being in a +12GMT Times zone, so its only 9am here atm, and 5pm PST is like 2PM here when blizz say the servers will come up. Lucky I have things to do this morning

On patch dates I find it easier to assume you won't be able to play all day, that way you're not spending your time refreshing the forum post looking for extended maintenance posts. Also I find this is a great time to catch up on weekly computer cleaning, getting rid of Dorito Dust from my Keyboard and mouse, removing excess dust from the inside of my case and even playing a round of monopoly Canada edition all makes this go by faster.

Whoever started this idea that rewritting the whole damn planet is just as easy as "flipping a switch" is a moron. Who knows what the problem could be. Mail could be gone. Peoples toons could be stuck in some random crack of the planet. Really guys this is probably the biggest one time patch they've done since the initial launch. Besides we all knew that it was gonna be delayed hours anyways....
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Quote Originally Posted by Lickmun View Post
    yea i know right, whats the point of downloading while we play...hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    Rather them say 5 pm then say 2 pm, then 3 pm, then 4 pm...crushing my hopes and dreams each and every time
    Pretty much this. Now I will be able to actually go and do something, without having to worry about checking if the servers are up every freaking hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for my boyfriend to get here, then we're going to EB Games to pick up his preorder of the new Donkey Kong... Nevertheless, I think this extended maintenance sucks. :P

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.