Gamon's rise to power. (How he reached level 85)

Gamon's clan lost a land battle with the Bloodhoof. During the conflict Gamon had slain many powerful warriors, but as the battle was over Cairne spotted the battered and bloodied Gamon standing atop the bodies of his Bloodhoof kin. Enraged, Cairne charged the proud Gamon and was winding up for the killing blow. At this moment, Gamon made a plea for mercy. "Spare me, mighty chief. I am beaten. I haven't the strength left to defend myself." Being an honorable tauren at heart, Cairne agreed Gamon deserved mercy. If for no other reason than his dedication to his clan and prideful defense of his brothers.

"I will spare your life Gamon, but you must exile yourself from this land. You are not to be amongst your own kind. You have no clan left."

Gamon, accepted the terms of his reprieve. Ending up in a tavern in Orgrimmar, Gamon descended to the lowest level of vagabond. A drunk. Homeless, clanless, and his pride stripped from him. Gamon wallowed in his own self-pity. "Why didn't I just let Cairne kill me on the battlefield? At least then, I wouldn't have to deal with this misery. I could be with my brothers and wouldn't shame them by this pitiful existence."

Years went by. Gamon had come to accept being the whipping boy of every street thug that chose to enter the Tavern. Sometimes, they threw him a copper or two to his unconscious corpse. One day, covered in his own blood and vomit, Gamon realized there was something that wouldn't let him die. Some force in the universe wouldn't let him escape this life. It was then that Gamon decided he would be something - more. Something he deserved to be. He would make his brothers proud. He would not let his and his clan's heroic efforts on the battlefield fade away. He would forge a new destiny. Unshackled by the newfound resolve, Gamon scraped together his "earnings" from his brawls and purchased a ride to Thunder Bluff. "I must challenge Cairne for my life - my honor. It is the only way I can live without regret."

With the world literally falling down around him, Gamon bore witness to horrors he thought only existed in nightmares. The Barrens, his homeland, was being torn asunder. Young tauren being devoured by elemental creations tainted by a force not of this world. Anger pulsed through this mighty warrior's body like a magma in a volcano. For a moment, Gamon had forgot everything that had happened in his life. All of the beatings. All of the shame. All of it replaced by a singular desire for revenge. A quiet calm descended over Gamon. "This will be made right again. I will see this through."

Gamon's arrival in Thunder Bluff wasn't entirely surprising after what he had witnessed. A couple of Bluffwatchers balked at his arrival. "You are not allowed here. This city is for Tauren." Gamon smashed them both with a casual backhand chop. "Indeed." After asking around, Gamon came to discover that Cairne had traveled to Orgrimmar. Making his way back to the wind riders, Gamon noticed a certain pair of Bluffwatchers dusting themselves off. Gamon walked past them without even a second glance. As he was mounting his wyvern for the return ride to Orgrimmar, he could hear them taunting, "Get off of our land." "I will leave this land, but when I return, it will be mine."

Pushing his windrider to fly as fast as he could, Gamon arrived in Orgrimmar to the sounds of battle. Apparently, there was an epic duel going on. A titanic struggle the likes of which Gamon thought he'd never witness. Garrosh Hellscream and Cairne Bloodhoof were weaving around each other in a melee of masters. Each strike from Cairne was intense enough to kill a normal combatant. Even the blows that Garrosh deflected resonated through his body and caused the earth to tremble beneath his feet. Garrosh Hellscream would see defeat this day, Gamon was certain of it. However, Cairne Bloodhoof was old. Gamon could see numerous opportunities that only a Tauren seasoned in battle would notice. Perhaps, there was a chance Garrosh could win? It was unlikely, but Gamon had to hope that wouldn't be the case. How then, would he obtain his freedom? How could he ever walk amongst his kind with pride? No... Cairne wouldn't lose. He couldn't lose. Garrosh, after all, was only an orc.

An orc with an unfair advantage. Gamon noticed an unnatural sheen on the edge of Garrosh's blade Gorehowl. Scanning the crowd, Gamon noticed the face of another elder Tauren. Magatha. There was a smirk on the old cow's face that filled Gamon with rage. He knew there was deceit afoot. Somehow he had to stop the fight, but to do so would tarnish the sanctity of this battle. If Gamon couldn't prove Gorehowl was tainted, he would himself have to face the famous blade and there would be no honor in death to this this orc.

Gamon had to think of something. In his frustration, he pushed his way to Magatha and locked eyes with her. "I know." Was all he said to her. The evil sneer she wore gave even the mighty Gamon pause. "You will say nothing of what you, 'know' or I will see you drawn and quartered for your insolence. You don't know what you're witnessing, outcast. I would suggest you just shut up and enjoy the show... or you'll be next."

Moments later; the mighty chieftain of the Bloodhoof, fell from a duplicitous strike. It was a moment of great regret for Gamon. As much as he hated Cairne for his exile, he was an honorable Tauren. He didn't deserve to die in this way. At great personal risk, Gamon rushed to the side of Cairne and shook his body. "Look at me, old one. Do you recognize me? Do you see what I've become. A filthy beggar. I will never be able to reclaim my honor. My land. My people. Cairne Bloodhoof. If there is any life left in you. I want you to acknowledge me."

Cairne Bloodhoof, Chieftain, Hunter, Warrior, the true leader of all Tauren looked at Gamon and smiled despite the pains wracking his body as the poison did its nefarious deed. "I die today Gamon, but you will rise. Make your people proud. Your exile is at an end. Fulfill your destiny." Cairne's eyes drifted to Magatha. "Show them all."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    About time that Gamon got a story. Nice one!

Excellent read

Check your dictionary. If you are a corpse you are dead (corpses are dead bodies), much less unconcious even.

LoL. Oh Gamon.

I actually debated just using the word body, but Gamon isn't merely knocked out. He's basically dead. But he's not. He's an immortal in that sense. (Like all WoW entities it seems.) To borrow something from, The Princess Bride, "He's only mostly dead." As his consciousness returns, his life returns "magically." Gamon doesn't understand why this is, but he assumes in an epiphany that it means he's destined for something greater. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.