Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    This. The Bli$$ard of today isn't the same one as Blizzard that used to be. Either you can accept that and all that comes with it (poor service, mediocre quality control, etc) or you can quit. I, for one, quit and am awaiting to see if Blizzard ever returns to it's old self.
    Haha. You sure haven't seen NCSoft or Nexon America, they're much worse as CS than Blizzard has ever been. I've heard horror stories of people having unanswered CS tickets for MapleStory that haven't been answered for over a year.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing Blizzard to Disneyland is like comparing apples and oranges, they just aren't the same.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellmagnett View Post
    I've been in the IS field for 10 years and I can guarantee they've built in contingency time. You're right, they're often wrong, but consider the alternative. You get home from work at 5pm only to find you could have gotten home at 3. You'd prolly be just as angry. And no one is behind if they're sitting around waiting for the realm to come back this way.

And consider this... Blizz loses NO money when the realms are down outside of maybe paying for some OT. If a bank's systems go down or something they can't conduct business. Blizz does a good job keeping the servers up 24/7 considering they have a pretty minor motivation to be so perfect.

You can't avoid these delays... there's ALWAYS something they couldn't find. It's like saying you drove to work today and didn't crash, therefore no one should ever get in an accident. Computers aren't perfect... i'm happy they do as good a job as they do.
    This is so true. Anyone that works in an IT/IS field realizes what an amazing job blizz does. Their systems have an amazing record of uptime and they are very quick at identifying and fixing bugs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The big difference is a mob won't storm Blizzard's HQ if they get upset like in Disneyland. All they can do is whine on the forums.

Thank god for my iPad, that can just sit on the Realm Status page and auto-update every few seconds. I'll know probably before a Blue posts that the servers are up. Of course, MY server won't be - for whatever reason, Whirlwind is the last farm to boot - so I get to be jealous of all y'all not on Whirlwind that are playing. (That's really my only gripe, and only once was it really bad - like 3+ hours after the rest of the servers were up that our battlegroup came on line.)

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    Thank god for my iPad, that can just sit on the Realm Status page and auto-update every few seconds. I'll know probably before a Blue posts that the servers are up. Of course, MY server won't be - for whatever reason, Whirlwind is the last farm to boot - so I get to be jealous of all y'all not on Whirlwind that are playing. (That's really my only gripe, and only once was it really bad - like 3+ hours after the rest of the servers were up that our battlegroup came on line.)

I know right -_- There was actually a time a month or two ago in which Whirlwind and Emberstorm were down for almost a day.

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."