Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Can this laptop run wow ?

Well my desktop run at 10 - 15 fps everything at low so... i stop playing wow cuz i was nerd raging... and in 25 man my fps was about 2 to 5....

So with cata i want to come back so hardddd so i have a laptop too so i wonder if it can run wow this are the specs

Compaq Presario CQ40-505LA

CPU - Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 2.00GHz
    RAM - 1978 MB
    OS - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit

Video card ( i think here i will have a problem ) - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Video RAM - 797.0 MB
    Hardware T&L - Yes
    Pixel Shader version - 4.0
    Vertex Shader version - 4.0

Hard drive - well 170 gb left so no problem there i think...

Please help me i really want to come back... i will be so happy if i can run everything low and have 25 - 30 fps at 25 man... i will be the happiest guy in earth... but please tell me the truth.. =) but be nice...

TY all 4 taking the time to read and understand my english... i speak spanish... and well my english.. mostly i learned from the internet and wow...

ty again and have a good day =)
    Last edited by 13R00D100P5; 2010-11-24 at 03:35 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah you can. Enjoy your WoW.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm ty but if it is too much problem... could i know pls at how much fps i would be playing?

ty very much

also i get the laptop name
    Compaq Presario CQ40-505LA

Hey I used that laptop for Insanity/ICC.

About 2mbs addons, gamebooster, all settings turned down and script commands put me at about 15 or so fps on HLK.

never mind, the computer I had was worse lol. You should see 20 or so if you don't use recount.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Hey I used that laptop for Insanity/ICC.

About 2mbs addons, gamebooster, all settings turned down and script commands put me at about 15 or so fps on HLK.

never mind, the computer I had was worse lol. You should see 20 or so if you don't use recount.

OMG are you seriously? that would be a great improve from my desktop xD lol i m being serious btw...
    are you sure it was a Compaq Presario CQ40-505LA ? cuz i was really worried about the video card cuz it was integrated ... omg please confirm this cuz that would make so happy XD ... well not that happy cuz it is just a game but ... you would make my day... but if you are wrong there is no problem just please XD a confirmation would be so good... or another person saying that too XD

almost playable at rock bottom settings as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 13R00D100P5 View Post
    OMG are you seriously? that would be a great improve from my desktop xD lol i m being serious btw...
    are you sure it was a Compaq Presario CQ40-505LA ? cuz i was really worried about the video card cuz it was integrated ... omg please confirm this cuz that would make so happy XD ... well not that happy cuz it is just a game but ... you would make my day... but if you are wrong there is no problem just please XD a confirmation would be so good... or another person saying that too XD
    Oh, it'll run it, just make sure your expectations are WAYYYY low. Honestly I think 20 fps is a bit of an overshoot, but you can still move fine. It's going to look like a 10 year old game, but you can move around. I also kept my house cold and propped it up so it got complete air circulation, made sure dust bunnies were blown out frequently, etc. Luckily WoW is more about the processor than the video card, so an integrated crappy card can get the job done. Just for reference:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9...3010022252.jpg

This is about how it should look. I disabled grid except for HLK, HBQL and HAnub when I had to heal, but other than that keep everything as lightweight as possible. Not a pretty site, but you can move out of shadow traps/defile without lag so it's fine.

Oh, create three macros and put them somewhere on your bars. Click them in order from 1-3 when you log in. Their effects persist until you quit the game, so you only need to do it once(ie...don't need to hit them again if you log over to another character).

Macro one:

Code:
    /console ffx 0
    /console hwPCF 1
    /console shadowlod 0
    /console timingmethod 1
    /console showshadow 0
    /console showfootprints 0
    /console showfootprintparticles 0
    /console m2faster 1
    Macro two:

Code:
    /console overridefarclip 0
    /console farclip 177
    /console horizonfarclip 1305
    /console detailDoodadAlpha 0
    /console groundeffectdensity 16
    Macro three:

Code:
    /console groundeffectdist 1
    /console smallcull 1
    /console skycloudlod 1
    /console characterAmbient 1
    /console extshadowquality 0
    /console environmentDetail 0.5
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2010-11-24 at 07:03 AM.