Thread: Swipe broken?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehea View Post
    yes i have played feral before, not so much since the cata patch, but you know ? all aoe damage has been pretty much nerfed, and feral druids used to be able to aoe tank by just standing there spamming 1 button, thats not the desing blizzard wants anymore and while the damage on swipe is "low" its more than enough to let you keep agro from passive aoe, if you are getting 3700 crits that enough to keep stuff from healers while giving the dps a reason to attack the same target as you, instead of having them attacking their own target each, also many other classes have gotten changes to other core abilitys because the lvl 80 cata patch was hotfixed to let people still do properly without lvl 85 skills, this has already everything prepared for cata when feral druids are mean to be using trash for aoe tanking aswell
    People still don't grasp the issue.....I doubt anyone that's posted in this thread has an issue with swipe being reduced....

It's been stated by BLIZZARD that it was reduced by 20%.....going from highs in 5 mans from 13-14k damage to now getting 3-4k is not 20%....the point of the thread is to bring light to the fact that the reduction is far greater than BLIZZARD'S STATED REDUCTION of 20%

You think swipe hitting for 10K would be fine? 3-4K is still way higher than crappy Thunderclap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    You think swipe hitting for 10K would be fine? 3-4K is still way higher than crappy Thunderclap.
    QQ some more about warrior tanking in a druid forum plz.....gtfo and go to your own forum troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Generationwhy View Post
    People still don't grasp the issue.....I doubt anyone that's posted in this thread has an issue with swipe being reduced....

It's been stated by BLIZZARD that it was reduced by 20%.....going from highs in 5 mans from 13-14k damage to now getting 3-4k is not 20%....the point of the thread is to bring light to the fact that the reduction is far greater than BLIZZARD'S STATED REDUCTION of 20%
    I don't know but 13-14k sounds a bit high for 5 mans considering a fully raid buffed 277+ tank doesn't even reach that on average in fights like lk25hc.

also many other classes have gotten changes to other core abilitys because the lvl 80 cata patch was hotfixed to let people still do properly without lvl 85 skills, this has already everything prepared for cata when feral druids are mean to be using trash for aoe tanking aswell
    yes, your swipe deals less damage like its intended for when you get trash, and where did you take the "20 % damage nerf numbers from"? a nerf to a beta build from an older beta build ?

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    I don't know but 13-14k sounds a bit high for 5 mans considering a fully raid buffed 277+ tank doesn't even reach that on average in fights like lk25hc.
    You are playing with some bad druids then...In raids with half or full vengenance stacks...swipe crits for 20k+ in a non gimmick fight

---------- Post added 2010-11-24 at 01:02 AM ----------

yes, your swipe deals less damage like its intended for when you get trash, and where did you take the "20 % damage nerf numbers from"? a nerf to a beta build from an older beta build ?
    It's called the PATCH NOTES for 4.0.3a

"Swipe (Bear Form) damage has been reduced by 20%."
    Last edited by Generationwhy; 2010-11-24 at 05:04 AM.

You are playing with some bad druids then...In raids with half or full vengenance stacks...swipe crits for 20k+
    Quite obviously not on average but well maybe the higher crits.

i like how you keep ignoring the part about hotfix to spells to let classes play properly at lvl 80 without the lvl 85 skills, the damage on swipe was intended to be lower at the release of the cata patch, but like other spells was hotfixed, and its the intended damage thats been nerfed not the hotfixed damage.

Deleted
    Lol what a terrible comparison. Warriors have Thunderclap, Shockwave, Cleave and Blood and Thunder to help with AoE, where as Druids ONLY have Swipe (soon Thrash).

i like how you keep ignoring the part about hotfix to spells to let classes play properly at lvl 80 without the lvl 85 skills, the damage on swipe was intended to be lower at the release of the cata patch, but like other spells was hotfixed, and its the intended damage thats been nerfed not the hotfixed damage.
    WTF are you even talking about? Bear Swipe hasn't been hotfixed and increased..since 4.0...cat swipe has....not Bear......intended damage???? i think the patch notes pretty clearly state an "intended" reduction of 20%....

I can't even reply to you because you're pulling crap out of your ass now....20% reduction is "intended" to be really about 80%??....you're a moron gtfo

you're probably one of the idiots that was posting melee damage wasn't broken at the start of 4.0 as well...when it was hotfixed and acknowledged within days to be SEVERLY broken....
    Last edited by Generationwhy; 2010-11-24 at 05:49 AM.

Damage reduced by armor?

BTW all tank AOE damage has been nerfed. Blood Boil, Shockwave, Thunderclap, etc have all had their damage nerfed.
    If I read right holy wrath for paladins was buffed and our single target SotR was nerfed.

Yes, swipe got owned in 4.0.3a.. because two nerfs were packed in this patch, last one with recent hotfix, and it's a nasty one "The damage done by the following abilities has been reduced by approximately 17%: Mangle (Bear), Maul, Lacerate, Pulverize, Swipe (Bear), Thrash."

1) Rage cost down from 30 to 15 and damage halved, same CD -- wtfzomgnuuuudamnfacepalm
    2) -17% damage off that halved swipe.

There you go. Even though 13-15k swipes in 5man is a blatant lie, most youd get in a 5man was about 6k, new swipe is going to put bear aoe tanking in such a misery, up to the point of losing aoe tanking capability completely. Enjoy last 2 weeks of pain in the butt. Thrash will help a little to get it back to pre-nerfed state.

15+ Year Old Account
    BTW all tank AOE damage has been nerfed. Blood Boil, Shockwave, Thunderclap, etc have all had their damage nerfed.
    nerfing is fine but this is sick lol it will cast like what 1.5k threat at most
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

WTF are you even talking about? Bear Swipe hasn't been hotfixed and increased..since 4.0...cat swipe has....not Bear......intended damage???? i think the patch notes pretty clearly state an "intended" reduction of 20%....

I can't even reply to you because you're pulling crap out of your ass now....20% reduction is "intended" to be really about 80%??....you're a moron gtfo

you're probably one of the idiots that was posting melee damage wasn't broken at the start of 4.0 as well...when it was hotfixed and acknowledged within days to be SEVERLY broken....
    cant read above the sound of 14k swipes in 5 mans, the tank druid in my guild must be bad with average 8k swipes crits in icc with 277 gear according to wol the last 2 weeks, while the other druid with a bit worse gear was about 6.5k average crits

Deleted
    since im on an EU realm i havent been able to check this out yet.. but have en mount that we are balanced for 85. which mens if im not much mistaken that we have got a 17% dmg nerf beside all the nerfs inc... Also i havent tested yet and i might be compelely mistaken

But my suggestion is to either post it where a GM can actually see it or just wait to be 85 and see what happens

Deleted
    I'm fine as long as it gives good threat. If the threat is the same but damage is lower then it's okay realy. Feral tanks should not only think about damage, it's the threat that is the issue here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna want to test this myself too bad I can't cuz I live in the EU and not really able to go and test it since the patch is being applied now and the maintanence will be extended like always *sad me* .

appart from the nerfs to damage to druids/warriors for example another thing thats problably making for the diference on damage you notice is mob armor being raised by a significal ammount as a part of making leveling in outlands/northrend much harder

Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus View Post
    I did some more testing for a post in the wow forums:
    http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...310_230138.jpg
    http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...310_224626.jpg

one I did on an elite that didn't do much for vengeance outside icc, and the other in icc having reset recount when I got past 13k AP
    Well on the elite mob outside of ICC you had about 43% of the AP you had inside ICC. So i would expect your swipe to hit for 40% of what it would hit in ICC, outside of ICC.

Rough numbers of course:

In ICC:
    Non Crit: 1580
    Crit: 3132

43% of the above
    Non Crit: 679
    Crit: 1346

Which isn't far off the actual damage that you took a SS of, but you also can't see the buffs that you had on/off. So in effect, you probably were lacking several outside of ICC.

In all fairness, from what you've provided, it seems to be working as intended and not bugged.

But it does seem to be alot more than a 20% nerf, you have better gear than me and i was swiping (crit) for about 5k in random HC's, so 20% less would still be 4k, i'm going to have to check this out later.

---------- Post added 2010-11-24 at 10:16 AM ----------

You are playing with some bad druids then...In raids with half or full vengenance stacks...swipe crits for 20k+[COLOR="red"] in a non gimmick fight
    Are you drunk or something? 20k swipe crit? SS or logs or i say your bluffing

Methinks someone in this thread is getting bear swipe and cat swipe confused. A 20k swipe crit sounds like a level-90 bear in T16 (prepatch) and at this point (4.0.3a) you'd have to be Malfurion friggin' Stormrage and respec feral to hit those numbers.

Edit: I read a math post on the official forums, and it would seem Swipe is indeed bugged. Level-80 bears (and bears of every level below that) seem to be using the level-1 Swipe damage formula right now. Which would explain (this is directed to the "all AoE was nerfed stop ur QQ" crowd) why we presently have at best 1/4 the damage and threat of any other tank on an AoE pull.

If/when it's fixed, we'll have ... about 1/2 the damage and threat. Add Thrash at 81 in two weeks and we're okay again. Well, at least those of us who aren't leveling new bear tanks.
    Last edited by Koumaru; 2010-11-24 at 02:24 PM. Reason: new info
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."