Divine Storm...?

So divine storm shares a cd with crusader strike now, right? Then why doesn't it have a guaranteed chance to give a holy power? If it's replacing crusader strike in our rotation, then it only seems fair, IMO. Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not replacing Crusader Strike. DS is an AoE-only ability. For single targets/bosses, you'd use CS.

because it's aoe and all aoe got nerfed

seriously, it's way better than before when it was eating holy power

It's not replacing Crusader Strike in the rotation, it's the go-to AoE spell designed such that you sacrifice HP generation for AoE. In other words, no free AoE which follows their design philosophy just fine.

Yeah, makes sense, 40% chance seems fair enough for AoE now that I think about it. Keep forgetting that it hits all targets now.

It used to replace Templar's Verdict in an aoe situation, considering they both used Holy Power. Now you can just spam it for aoe damage.

I think the DP effect will only affect four targets(don't quote me on that), but even then that's pretty damn nice.

edit:

2 targets -> 36% chance not to proc a HP
    3 targets -> 21.6% chance not to proc a HP
    4 targets -> 12.96% chance not to proc a HP

I also think they would keep it so that if one target proc'd a HP they'd nix any other Hp gains from that DS, because getting a full HP bar from one DS would be insane.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2010-11-24 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendork View Post
    It replaces Templar's Verdict in an aoe situation, considering they both use Holy Power.
    Nah they changed DS to share a cd with cs, and just do 80% weap damage to all targets within 8 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I think the DP effect will only affect four targets(don't quote me on that), but even then that's pretty damn nice.

edit:

2 targets -> 36% chance not to proc a HP
    3 targets -> 21.6% chance not to proc a HP
    4 targets -> 12.96% chance not to proc a HP

I also think they would keep it so that if one target proc'd a HP they'd nix any other Hp gains from that DS, because getting a full HP bar from one DS would be insane.
    Just to expand on this, my understanding from EJ is that DS is not even worth using unless there are 5 or more targets. Edit: Although that calculation might have been when it was 60% damage. It might be 4 targets now.

Edit again: testing on some level 60 dummies seems to show 40% HP proc no matter how many I'm hitting
    Last edited by belfpala; 2010-11-24 at 03:38 AM.

Deleted
    At least DS is worth speccing for PvP again as a stealth breaker. Until now there was nothing you could do even if you knew that bastard rogue was sneaking around you.

The real question is:
    Why does Divine storm still light up when HoL procs?
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    The real question is:
    Why does Divine storm still light up when HoL procs?
    i bet they havent changed that yet. Itll take some extra time with the other changed to the paladin class they are making :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    At least DS is worth speccing for PvP again as a stealth breaker. Until now there was nothing you could do even if you knew that bastard rogue was sneaking around you.
    Oh my! What would you have done as a ret in vanilla/TBC?(pop perception DUH!) But honestly both holy wrath and consecration are both fairly effective at removing stealthies from stealth just in time to see them sprinting away from you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    They resolved that in the first major "class changes" Beta build- Before, DS had a chance to gain HPower on each target, and not on a per-cast basis.