View Poll Results: What do you think about the new Blood Boil Animation?

Voters
52. This poll is closed
  • Loved it!!!

10 19.23%
  • What the hell is this crap!!!!

25 48.08%
  • Don't really care!!!

17 32.69%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Blood Boil Animation

Just wanted to see you guys reactions to the new blood boil animations on 4.0.3a

I trully hated it.

Since 4.0.1 it was really great dunno why the hell they would change this.

What you guys think?

yeah. no more of the awesome red thing

what is it like now? (can't play yet)
    no more big ball of blood explosion?

For something I'll rarely use, I couldn't care less. It's like if they added a new animation for Death Pact or Ghoul Summon.

Nothing more than "oh look shinies".

If it would be one of the 3 big spam attacks each spec has I'd say there's need to complain

pic or something? I really liked the big explosion thing...even if I don't plan on playing my DK, I'm sad to see such a cool animation go.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

It's just a dumb shockwave all around the Death Knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Haven't seen it yet but after searching on youtube, this looks like it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PtN51-LU6A

wow...why would they do that? the big explosion was awesome... not to mention unique. maybe a LITTLE too big...but other than that, awesome.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

I don't Blood Boil enough to really care, but I hated that big red bubble-explosion thing. It was annoying as hell.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

Better than the 4.0.1 animation where everyone but the death knight using BB was unable to target any mobs while the animation was up..

Agreed that it was cool, but it caused a lot of headaches while waiting for BGs (i.e. when all spells are free and 'hilarious' DKs would spam blood boil). I think the simpler animation is better, but certainly doesn't look like blood is boiling...

I have to say, the pre 4.0.1 animation ( or lack there of) was terrible. The one after 4.0.1 was amazing but like Exploited said, caused bugs along with graphical lag. Now, if they can implement it in a way that is less stressful i'd love it. The new animation is a downgrade from the explosion of death but is still a solid graphic.

W T F is this thing? Seriously? Really? The patch 3.x.x where you could barely see anything at all was a million times better than this piece of garbage. This literally looks like a placeholder to me because it's that terrible looking. That huge blood boil animation was amazing. So what if it was spammed... every class that has an AOE ends up spamming for lulz at some point. I see earthquake more than I see blood boil. I just don't see why the big burst couldn't have been scaled down 50% so it wasn't as bursty. This new fartwave is TERRIBLE.

If they just made the shock wave part red then I'd be ok with it, sort of looks like something my pally should be casting.

Quote Originally Posted by TalonXephon View Post
    If they just made the shock wave part red then I'd be ok with it, sort of looks like something my pally should be casting.
    I wouldn't be okay with that... It looks terrible. If it was more like the black/red before and the animation speed was twice as fast, then MAYBE but as it is now... ugh, I don't even want to tank on my DK. It's like a dent your ferrari, you don't want to show that to the world. It was an iconic ability... you knew across the BG without having to mouse over that there's a DK over there... you knew where the tank was in relation to you in an instance. Now it's like ew wtf. A complete reversal of epicness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fuggin' lame.

,(-_-')-p

80 Death Knight 80 Rogue 80 Paladin 80 Warrior

Deleted
    meh

And of course, no mention of it in the Patch Notes. Blizz is so completely fail sometimes. I mean at least tell folks what's goin on ffs!

I don't understand why they're spending so much time changing blood boil animations, when there's clearly lots of other stuff to do instead... ._.