pondering on professions, for warrior tank.

Hello, as the bewildered night of server shut down i have nothing to do else then pondering to the future, and started here on the forums reading, what to expect and getting my info's correct before going running into the long awaited cataclysm, i stumbled on one post here in the warrior section "Cataclysm-starting-gear-for-Heroics-and-Raids-Protection by xebtria"
    cause im first time poster cant link it here. well have been rambling on quite enough, im sorry if you arent to bothered by this haha.

professions: mine are BS and Mining accordingly " basic tank profession "

but im thinking i might go BS - Alchemy. now, if they dont change it.

mining = 120 sta, 1200 hp " bit more through talents i guess.
    VS
    alchemy's lifebound alchemy stone. 380 sta, blue socket, and mastery rating 213 + 40% on healing pots. " wich is nice"
    + you get the improved flask. wich is about 30% " i might be wrong on some numbers. any thoughts, gentlemen and women. thanks, and the use wich i really dont remember the name of.

P.S. Granted this might be marginal numbers in the end, its a good way to start getting the EHP up to begin with

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 03:25 AM ----------

forum rank: Keyboard turner
    The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it. "George Orwell (1903 - 1950)"

As soon as there are trinkets that are better then the alchemy trinket all the bonus is gone. The Flask only gives +80 to int, str and agi, nothing to stamina. So as soon as you don't use the trinket anymore you better have an other profession.

Here's an overview:

http://wow.zuggaming.com/2010/11/24/...-perk-changes/

My Tank currently has Mining and Jewelcrafting and I'll keep those. Mining is not the best for second spec, but still as good as all the others for tanking and with Jewelcrafting you get +3 stamina more then with the other professions

well, i was talking about the normal raid flask " the flask that wears out " + mixology, i read that was bit around 3900 hp. instead of 3000, still your point is valid about late/later end-game.

well i just have to hope they boost the thoughness from mining X-ed fingers

JC+LW will give the most stam out put of any combination. If you simply want to go for pure numbers.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well
    The flask got buffed to a 120 stam very recent.
    So with the 30% bonus you mentioned the alcemy should give you 36 stam bonus on the flask.

The alcemist stone may be nice in the start but will be useless after 1-2 content patches. And unless things change i dont think the improved flask is worth it.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

All professions will give the same basic stat increase besides engineering, leatherworking, and herbalism. They have their own unique bonuses. Alchemy is the same as BS as long as you're using a "real" flask, the alchemy only flasks are meant to provide you with a stat buff while not flasked to give you the same bonuses as other profs, and yes, it doesn't give a stamina bonus unfortunately, but you should be flasked anyway! :|

Edit:
    Hmm, though, I haven't looked at the stats on gems, does anyone know the values of the stamina gems for the blue quality and if the epic versions will be in the game from the start?
    Last edited by Charo; 2010-12-01 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    JC+LW will give the most stam out put of any combination. If you simply want to go for pure numbers.
    mhm, ill be sure to check this out. thanks for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    Well
    The flask got buffed to a 120 stam very recent.
    So with the 30% bonus you mentioned the alcemy should give you 36 stam bonus on the flask.

The alcemist stone may be nice in the start but will be useless after 1-2 content patches. And unless things change i dont think the improved flask is worth it.
    yeah, those alchemy trinkets are all show and no go, "i remember my BC trinket first on my shaman"

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    Edit:
    Hmm, though, I haven't looked at the stats on gems, does anyone know the values of the stamina gems for the blue quality and if the epic versions will be in the game from the start?
    i havent seen them atleast, but havent been looking.

A lot are viable now. Personally I will be sticking with enchanting and blacksmithing.