Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    There was a lot of changes, maybe you're just getting bored of WoW? I dk... Most of the "exciting" stuff comes on Dec. 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordigrim View Post
    13 million subscribers and counting.

When you have a product that 13 million people buy (and then subsequently pay for on a monthly basis) you don't give up on it and take it in a different direction. Especially when you compare that to any of the "competition".

You know the saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Well that's exactly it. WoW isn't broken and isn't failing, so there's no reason to drastically change the gameplay. It's working well and making Blizzard a buttload of cash, So there's no logical reason to divert from their "regular paths."

There is no such thing as perfect. No game will ever be perfect. And with a player-base as large as WoW's, there's no possible way to please everyone. If they have 13 million players, and they please 99% of them, that's still 130,000 people whining and complaining about how much the game sucks. So even if 130,000 people yell and scream and throw a fit about how awful Cataclysm is, WoW would still be a great success and Blizzard would still have a magnificent business model.
    The amount of subscribers does not mean that the game is still of high quality, Mcdonalds is the most visited restaurent around the world, by far, but that doesnt mean that they're serving the best food the world has ever seen.

I'm with the OP though, been riding around this cataclysm, and I couldnt help to think "is that all?" I know there are 5 more levels, new locked zones etc. but I do get a feeling that this expansion was mainly aimed at new players, seeing how much work went into redoing the leveling experience, too bad that I've got every class above level 70 I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    What...
    You...
    HAHAHAHAHHA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    New Dungeons? WE ALWAYS GET NEW DUNGEONS!!!
    New Bosses? WE ALWAYS GETTING NEW BOSSES TO FIGHT!!!!
    New UI adjustments? WE ALWAYS GETTING UI ADJUSTMENTS!!!
    New Quest? WE ALWAYS GETTING NEW QUEST!!!
    New Zones? WE ALWAYS GETTING NEW ZONES!!!!

whats your point? Still only 1 New Feature we get in CAT, and thats Guild Lvling from FF14. how long will that last?
    Nobody is putting a gun to your head. if you dont like it dont play it
    Basic principle's of MMO = Gearing and upgrading your characther regardless of level.
    So that will never change, and gues what next exp we get !!!

More Bosses
    More Loot
    More Quests
    More Zone's
    More ui adjustments.

Short woords : LoL l2p

10+ Year Old Account
    While I can understand why people are posting replies, in all honestly I don't know why you are wasting your time. Before every expansion there are a cluster of people who aren't happy with the content, and they flock to the forums and give their opinion. And each time the expansion is released, the threads like this stop because most of them either quit playing, or shut up because they decided they were actually having "fun".

Don't judge a book by it's cover. The majority of people that have been playing for 5+ years are thrilled with the new changes, and are having fun exploring and doing new quests in the old zones. If you are one of the people that have been playing this long and aren't happy with the changes - than I'm sorry and wait another two weeks before you start slamming the game.

Face it, if you're still playing 5+ years in, then something is keeping you hooked.

to be honest with you, the new world changes doesnt seem too exciting, to be a main feature in the x-pac. I do look forward to the guild progression features. but really how long will that last?

Blizzard changed the world, but only new things they added were story events that simply tell a story. what new gameplay elements do we get out of this?
    annoying, another player who doesnt care about story. Go play dead or alive or something equally as shallow as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    Don't judge a book by it's cover. The majority of people that have been playing for 5+ years are thrilled with the new changes, and are having fun exploring and doing new quests in the old zones.
    Always great to see the speaker for the majority of people who played for 5+ years....

The guy got banned, everyone cheers, and move on

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would just like to say Lol to the OP.

Expansion pack is expanding the game. >_> <_<

I would like to give a heartfelt congratulations to the moderators, I've been lurking these forums for a little over a year and had yet to see that asshat eat his own words. Took a long time to get himself a ban.

Always great to see the speaker for the majority of people who played for 5+ years....
    As a player of SIX years now, I'd like to /sign the quoted sentiment.

Deleted
    like? Guild Lvling?
    Like, new raids, new zones, new quests, guild lvling, guild rep, guild mounts, new gear....

damnit your stupid.

I am absolutely ecstatic about the changes thus far. I didn't know what to do first!

Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Riddle me this, what new and unique things did Black Ops add? Or any FPS since probably Modern Warfare. This is an MMO there's only so many thing's you can do within the parameters of this game. If basically revamping the entire questing style of the game and updating the story to be newer isn't enough for you. New content, maybe some new mechanic's.

What do you want, an RTS FPS within your MMO?

MMO's are not the genre for you to be in, in that case.
    Ughh, a lot bro...
    Remote controlled car with c4 on it, a pack a pissed German shepards, a lot more individual customization such as reticle change and war paint, gun clan tags and emblems, wager matches.... I'm outta breath...

Deleted
    See this is the problem when people have a huge sense of self entitlement. They don't see an absolute tonne of work put into an expansion by Blizzard, instead they yawn and want more crap. Honestly how anyone can complain about this patch is beyond me. Considering it has changed the entire world, it is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    To be Honest, I've played WoW for a LONG Time, and I still do have a soft spot for it. All I'm saying is, to me... It's getting Stale. I like this site, and I'm waiting for my other game to be released. Who knows, if that game doesn't live up to what I think it will, I will more than likely come back to WoW. Sorry if you Misunderstood what I was trying to say. Also, sorry for getting off track in some Posts. I gotta get some Z's.

EDIT: Just Saw your Edit :P Yeah, I did like it, but over time it got boring because after a Month of Slowly CCing in huge Heroics, it got Tiresome. Towards the end of Beta only thing I was doing was hanging in GS (like I do in Retail) Dueling, and killing Hordies that happen to Fly in. (Also, I like the CCing aspect of the game, but if you get a bad group, it get messy or worse goes SO SLOW.) :P
    well looks liek you will be coming back to WoW lol
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The changes mean little to me.

This patch was created more for those that intend to level another alt or a new player. This was nothing more than a content patch and offers little to the level 80 player with all the alts he/she needs.

The expansion is where the real meat is. Lets hope it can bring some excitement to the table this patch left behind. I'm getting real tired of the blizzard talk saying, "Just deal with it."

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    The amount of subscribers does not mean that the game is still of high quality, Mcdonalds is the most visited restaurent around the world, by far, but that doesnt mean that they're serving the best food the world has ever seen.

I'm with the OP though, been riding around this cataclysm, and I couldnt help to think "is that all?" I know there are 5 more levels, new locked zones etc. but I do get a feeling that this expansion was mainly aimed at new players, seeing how much work went into redoing the leveling experience, too bad that I've got every class above level 70 I guess.
    I can't help but be under the impression that you believe the expansion has already been released.

I think BETA ruined the hole "Shock and Awe" Experience of the new game. It was "OMG COOL!!11" At first then I started doing everything, and it slowed down. The new stuff was only new for that first month, and then it became... Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I said it was successful and a good business. Which it is. And when you have a successful business with millions of customers making absurd amounts of profit, there is no reason to put all of that at risk and change your product.

Beyond that, whether it is a good product or not is subjective. Your opinion that the game is not quality is no more of a fact than my opinion that the game is a high quality experience. We can sit here all day and argue over our opposing opinions and neither of our opinions will change the fact that the game is a success.