Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Undocumented] Patch Notes!

Alrite so I didn't play beta at all, and was quite surprised to see a large number of changes to existing spells that doesn't seem to be in the patchnotes.

So was thinking for everyone to post in this thread, little things they found had changed about their character or about the world/environment after logging in today.

Here's what I found after about 30 mins:

- Shadowmourne doesn't have berserking enchant glow anymore, and now just looks like a glowing plastic spoon on my female belf
    - Righteous Fury has a new animation - its now using the old seal of command animation
    - Crusader Strike has a new sound effect - same as backstab for rogues
    - Body and Soul has a new animation - you have a sparkling glow coming out of you
    - Zealotry has a new animation - red glow around your feet like the old RF animation
    - Hammer of the Rigtheous has a bigger animation, the red/orange'ish shockwave effect is a lot bigger
    - You can use profession-crafted flying mounts in azeroth, like flying carpet and the engineering helicopter
    - Theres a new arena achievement for reaching 2700 rating in 3v3 (possibly higher and in other brackets, but a guildie linked that one)
    - My old mount macro with flying mount / ground mount combination is now broken
    - Rebuke no longer procs a seal and can be removed from any ability macros.
    - The paladin trainer has paladin-specific quests added back, so now you can get your tabard.
    - The boss dummy is now counts as lvl 85 (I think)
    - Shadow orbs has a new animation
    - Mind blast and Manaburn now has a sound effect when casting
    - Nitro boosts (rocketboot enchant) is now attached to your belt instead of boots

There's probably tons more feel free to add yours!

Nitro Boosts can now malfunction in a raid environment. (Unsure if this is an intended change, made a ticket about it)

Should change the title into: Patchnotes for my paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Promilius View Post
    Should change the title into: Patchnotes for my paladin.
    As I said, this was just what I observed from the 30 mins after I logged in.

Nice contribution though, buckethead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it when Blizzard is just ninja applying stuff to spells and professions and still people are able to track it xD
    And oh yeah many many thanks for the notes already thought that something had gone wrong with my boots.

Mind amp disc is no longer applied to your helmet but to your belt as well. figured that out after I bought the mats for that + nitro.

edit: also looks like earthquake got a new animation, might need a confirm on it though. has lost its swirly disc of ugliness at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    Nice contribution though, buckethead.
    Glad to help.

15+ Year Old Account
    - The paladin trainer has paladin-specific quests added back, so now you can get your tabard.
    Aww. And here i thought atleast this one would stay unique.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Nitro Boosts can now malfunction in a raid environment. (Unsure if this is an intended change, made a ticket about it)
    it could fail b4.

Quote Originally Posted by doombledore View Post
    it could fail b4.
    I have never before had my nitro boosts fail inside of a PvE raid. They failed no less than 3 times tonight, and while I'm no gambling man, after a couple years of raiding and no failures, and then 3 today, I'm going to say that it's no coincidence.

Deleted
    Those animation changes are interesting. Still annoyed that Templar's Verdict is pretty much just a weapon swing.

Deleted
    I have never before had my nitro boosts fail inside of a PvE raid. They failed no less than 3 times tonight, and while I'm no gambling man, after a couple years of raiding and no failures, and then 3 today, I'm going to say that it's no coincidence.
    What happens if it fails? I've never even seen it fail

Deleted
    I'm really worried about this. It'd screw up their utility in pve..

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    - You can use profession-crafted flying mounts in azeroth, like flying carpet and the engineering helicopter
    Wait, no-one else thought to comment on this!?

WTF MAN.

W. T. F.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    What happens if it fails? I've never even seen it fail
    you normally shoot skyward just high enough to almost kill you, but i could see in a raid taking some AoE it might be what takes you out :P

Quote Originally Posted by Koma18 View Post
    I'm really worried about this. It'd screw up their utility in pve..
    If you're an engineer and have these attached, just get the cloak tinker attached and get that set in a macro, so if it fails, you whip out your parachute to fall safely.

As a rogue, I do this, then when I'm not far from the ground, I remove the parachute and land safely, unharmed ready for more DPSz.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallv View Post
    Those animation changes are interesting. Still annoyed that Templar's Verdict is pretty much just a weapon swing.
    "Q.Q It only crits for 14k." - My brother
    Iunno bout the rest of you guys, but that's half my health pool.

Quote Originally Posted by marrakoosh View Post
    Wait, no-one else thought to comment on this!?

WTF MAN.

W. T. F.
    They work as ground mounts. You can't fly around with them.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    The sound effect of sword swinging has been revamped, much more "swishy".

And speaking of sound effects, the next hunter I run a dungeon with who has a monkey pet is going to be SHOT. I cannot comprehend how they could have spent all day with such a grating, agonising sound.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhaneole View Post
    you normally shoot skyward just high enough to almost kill you, but i could see in a raid taking some AoE it might be what takes you out :P
    That's not new, its happened to me MANY times. Luckily I got a pacachute.