Deleted

Why those changes that soon?

Hi everybody,

As far as i can see, lot of people got nerfed with this new patch. Like usually it's making a lot of QQ posts and complaints. I don't really care of all my class nerfs but has someone the answer to that question?

Why those changes are not coming WITH cataclysm instead of 2 weeks before? I do understand that most of those nerfs are to equilibrate class at lvl 85. I do understand that portals in Dalaran or shattrath are killing the travel experience with the flying mounts in old azeroth, but, why removing them before we are able to fly everywhere and to reach the 85th lvl?

In my opinion those changements are just 2 weeks too soon... can someone explain me a reason of those changes? even if it's a contestable reason like... preparing the players...

Quote Originally Posted by Oasy View Post
    Hi everybody,

As far as i can see, lot of people got nerfed with this new patch. Like usually it's making a lot of QQ posts and complaints. I don't really care of all my class nerfs but has someone the answer to that question?

Why those changes are not coming WITH cataclysm instead of 2 weeks before? I do understand that most of those nerfs are to equilibrate class at lvl 85. I do understand that portals in Dalaran or shattrath are killing the travel experience with the flying mounts in old azeroth, but, why removing them before we are able to fly everywhere and to reach the 85th lvl?

In my opinion those changements are just 2 weeks too soon... can someone explain me a reason of those changes? even if it's a contestable reason like... preparing the players...
    OK, I am guessing a little here, but to do all of this required a patch. Since Blizzard wants people to be able to play on release night without having to shut the servers down, or at most do rolling restarts, they needed to do all of this before release. So it was either do all of this now, and ask us to put up with it for a couple weeks, or require a long maintenance on the day of release.

I personally would think that people would be much more upset if Blizzard had told everyone that they were shutting the servers down on release night for maintenance and a patch.

Deleted
    thanks Gurbz,

I m sure if people d take a little bit more time to ask themselves the good questions we won't be contrain to read all those stupid QQ posts.
    I do have another problem to solve now, i ask my boss the 9th an 10th like vacancy, because i was anticipating a server reboot the release first day^^. How can I now ask my 8th as well???^^