Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, someone on my server found that first item you linked too Malefic. It's kind of funny it has no level req yet. Amazing twink weapon!

"TC: Well, obviously those zones have been patched to players. They won't be available until players can level up. What we've done is kind of early stages... we've done a bit of terrain phasing to make them unavailable. But we're not gonna be surprised when players find a way to get in."

Where in there does it say you won't get banned? It simply says they won't be surprised...

You, on the other hand, may just be the one getting the surprise when you can't log in because you're banned.

Deleted
    Sounds tempting..but cba with getting a ban so close to Cataclysm, just out of curiosity!

you realise these shadowmourne equiv are available free in the dungeons and through questing? 50k? GL finding someone dumb enough to pay that for something that will get replaced with other gear in a few days. Unless your super lazy mats are going to be easy to get, always have been. Well some stuff in vanilla was excessive, low drop rates etc. Not anymore though.

if we pm you will you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    really? wow on my "non named site" 65396359063 people already claimed they have gotten the achievement and actually leveled to 81!

See, it's not very helpful/believable if you don't actually give us the site.
    He's obviously talking about mmowned.

even heroic BOE arent itemized the same way as actual drops. So they wont be worth much. Now if you got one of the EPIC world drops, that would be something.

---------- Post added 2010-11-24 at 06:14 PM ----------

Anyone using an exploit to level to 81 will be banned, that is my prediction.

What about leveling right before you hit lvl 81, to give you an edge when cata launches. If anyone is suspicious, you could tell you had 25 icecrown quests saved in your logs and turned them in fast.
    (Avatar was too big, sorry!)

They track everything you do. lol. Every digit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    you realise these shadowmourne equiv are available free in the dungeons and through questing? 50k? GL finding someone dumb enough to pay that for something that will get replaced with other gear in a few days. Unless your super lazy mats are going to be easy to get, always have been. Well some stuff in vanilla was excessive, low drop rates etc. Not anymore though.
    You realise peoples e-peens are so large they'd willingly pay excess amounts of gold to have an item like that before its released?

An edge to what? Not going to raid any faster, gearing up takes a bit.

They wouldn't get any exp in the zone because leveling past 80 is disabled. They get an advantage by pre-farming mats to use in their professions(after Dec7 when you can get points) with no competition, or they can sell them for insane prices. Either way just because Blizz said they wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, doesn't mean they won't give you the banhammer for doing it. Seems really naive to think they don't care you're exploiting to gain an advantage.
    Last edited by Squishypants; 2010-11-24 at 06:25 PM.

I missed the part where they said they wouldnt ban, ppl have been banned permanently for much less.

I think what has everyone so upset is not that these people might get some sort of realm first profession out of it, but instead that they have 2 weeks of competition free farming for mats (which can be gathered with just a 450 skill) and then selling them for insane prices when Cata releases.

IMO, this should be a bannable exploit. They are using an exploit for in-game benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    IMO, this should be a bannable exploit. They are using an exploit for in-game benefits.
    Especially now, that achievements perfectly show who is guilty
    Its like a single SQL query to the database
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Exactly what advantage are they getting? Gold? Profession realm first? Someone making gold doesn't preclude you from also making gold, so why care? And no one cares about realm firsts more than 3 days after release so whoop dee doo.

You can't even get professions above 450 until Cata...

Pointless and risky.

Quote Originally Posted by turbotuna View Post
    Exactly what advantage are they getting? Gold? Profession realm first? Someone making gold doesn't preclude you from also making gold, so why care? And no one cares about realm firsts more than 3 days after release so whoop dee doo.
    They are abusing a exploit.
    Just like Nihilum exploited back in the days, why would someone care even if it was world first tsshh? :_D
    Hi

would be nice to farm up 200-300 stacks of ore and herbs to sell for 250g a stack on dec 7th when people who want first professions will pay any price.

i tested it on a friends account and did get banned, but blizz believed us that it was gold farmers, man my friend was pissed at me