10+ Year Old Account

Question About RaF Account

I have a question for you guys because I tried to call Blizzard to ask, but (surprise!) their hold queue is full.

I want to buy a second account for Cataclysm because my main account is full. Since Blizzard is having a giant sale on the games right now, I figure it's the perfect time. I would like to refer-a-friend my fiance while I'm at it.

Can I add my new account to my regular Battle-Net account or do I have to make a new Battle-Net account to be eligible for the Refer-A-Friend?
    How much game time do I need to pay for on my second account for the RAF to go through for my fiance? Is it one month +free month or is it too months? If I were to buy the games and then add game time through the website at the same time would he receive it immediately?

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    [G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell
    Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara: I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.

I think all those questions are answered on the official Blizzard FAQ. Just Google "recruit-a-friend" and it's the top result (I would post a link for you except I'm not allowed to yet ). The friend account can be under any Battle.net account, it doesn't matter if it's tied to an existing one or a new one, you get the same benefits regardless. I'm not sure what you mean by your second question. The accounts are tied and get the benefits (summons, triple xp, etc.) from the moment you log on. If you mean the mount, you have to pay for an additional 2 months of game-time to get it, and yes you can buy 2 game-time cards and redeem them both at once so you can get your mount immediately, instead of waiting 3 months for auto-billing.

yeah for the recruit a friend i think the friend must have a seperate battle.net account however once you get the rewards it might be possible to merge the account if both account infomation is under the same name. and game time cards are the best way to go if your trying for the X-52 rocket. consider yourself lucky though with the 5 bucks deal. i JUST bought another copy of Wow last week for 20 bucks! aggh should have waited but ah well :-) i still like my X-52 rocket!

Quote Originally Posted by Evenios View Post
    yeah for the recruit a friend i think the friend must have a seperate battle.net account however once you get the rewards it might be possible to merge the account if both account infomation is under the same name. and game time cards are the best way to go if your trying for the X-52 rocket. consider yourself lucky though with the 5 bucks deal. i JUST bought another copy of Wow last week for 20 bucks! aggh should have waited but ah well :-) i still like my X-52 rocket!
    Bad info unless they changed something. i have RaF the same BNet acount. I have 3 accounts on one account and used RaF for all

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your help! Everything seems to have gone well with the RAF and my new account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    [G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell
    Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara: I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.