Poll: Hardest opponent in 1v1 pvp enviroment for your SPriest! (thier most powerful spec)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post
    So basically what your saying is, you can beat a feral as long as he doesnt have trinket, any cooldowns, or his spells keybinded. OK
    I could have responded to your earlier post on how ferals can 'just do this to deal with a priest' by using exactly what you typed above and just swapped "shadowpriest" for "feral" instead of what I had written. I didn't because continued point of discussion should revolve around debating the validity of the argument, not attempting to deny the other's point through an ad hominem attack. What I did in fact do was respond to your generic 'how to kill shadow priest as feral' strategy with a 'how to kill feral with shadow priest' strategy which is no more generalized and against which you have, regrettably, offered no general counter-strategy. Instead of trying to argue against my retort by misrepresentation, tell me how you'd counter my counter. That type of discussion would probably be a lot more valuable to the community.

As to your point as you did choose to state it, no, I didn't say there's ever a situation where I could always beat a feral. I'm fairly good at shadow pvp, but far from stellar. I've certainly lost my share of 1v1 scenarios with similarly geared druids, but have drawn more blood than I've bled. And I'm not going to go into a forum claiming "a few tactics to always beat a ___" but rather "a few tactics to help you beat a ____." And as to qualifications you offered in this statement of yours which I didn't make...

Did I assume you wouldn't trinket? That would've been a tough assumption given you'd kind of said in your first post where you'd use it (which I agree would generally be the sensible time), but very few people will be able to react to it fast enough to be able to get out of the horror and pull off an interrupt before we can get off VT, the only spell with a cast time we're really worried about at the time.

Did I assume you wouldn't use cooldowns? That would've been a tough assumption given you'd mentioned specific use of nearly all the relevant ones, and the ones which were mentioned and reactionable or impacted my abilities I did cover. Off the top of my head the only one I can think of you left out was bear bash, but as a tide turner that stun isn't generally going to be very impactful when for the most part we're relying on our over-time damage to do the work.

Did I assume you wouldn't use keybindings (to clarify, I'm assuming you're implying the feral to be a keyboard-turner)? If a melee class is a keyboard-turner no other assumptions would really matter. My strat would have been a lot simpler: run through the feral, dot him up, heal through any damage he'd been able to apply, and /dance, staying behind his back as he imitates a dog chasing his tail and dots tick away.

Again, this comes down to a battle of who get's the damage rolling hardest and soonest. The one that allows their opponent to get the bulk of their damage rolling forward unmatched will generally lose. Druids from stealth have the opportunity to draw first bleed, and if the shadow priest isn't very fast the druid will likely take the win. But if the shadow priest does counter fast enough, they have very good opportunity to regain that edge. If the druid is equally fast in reacting, they can close the gap some, making this a good fight. I'd be interested in seeing your counters to my counters in this fight and how they'd turn the tide back heavily to the feral's favor. I'm not interested in seeing what I've written summarized falsely again, so please don't bother if that's all you have to offer.

TLDR: It really ticks me off when people contrive to support their stance by seeding false or baseless claims they purport to have been made by those who offer any opposition to their claim. Keep that kind of stuff where it belongs -- in politics!

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Feral druids are the most difficult. Fear immune + ridic dot ticks. Even if you shadowfiend then dispersion all they need to do is hit natures grasp to root our fiend. They just hit too hard. Although i have never dueled one in pvp gear. Most i come accross are stacked in pve gear.

Quote Originally Posted by arcon View Post
    Sounds like a bad feral. Just need to pounce->tigers fury->mangle->rake->rip (if lucky crits). Even if you use dispersion then, once you come out the bleeds will still be there and hit you hard then and you'll be forced to heal yourself. Berserk for fear immunity, if you stun me I trinket and interrupt your next cast locking you out. 20 seconds of fear immunity is more than enough to deal with a priest.
    ^^This

Don't let the welfare wrathful get you all too cocky, you will actually have to understand how a spriest works and when to use what instead of getting carried by free top pvp gear atm.

Hardest to kill? Holy Paladin. By far.

Hardest to beat? Feral Druid, Arms Warrior, Frost Mage...

If you're not having problems with those three you need to play against some people with talent. Feral Druids are the worst. There's really nothing you can do 1v1 against a good Feral Druid as Shadow. Arms is in a similar boat, but at least you might be able to get some breathing room there. The Druids will have enough bleeds on you to kill you within the first 6-7 seconds of combat and there's no way to prevent them from doing it.