Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmViper View Post
    Also, there's no such thing as mediocrity, only people who think themselves superior.
    Not a personal attack but that is what bad players say to excuse bad playing. if it were true then no one would excel and we would all be the same.

I was an ex-xperl and clique fan boy.

Go go Vudho. It is like the wet dream of raid frames.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Dont use grid, use the default raid ui its more responsive and will make you a better healer.

15+ Year Old Account
    healbot:
    Plx mark the tanks I cannot heal them otherwise! Thanks!

Grid:
    ????

conclusion:

get grid
    ???
    Profit

Grid + Clique
    I know grid has clickset, Clique just works waaay nicer

If you don't want to put time and effort in to learning and configuring your raid UI, don't go grid. Unconfigured it's pretty useless, you'd be better off with original UI then. But after you configure it for some time it's pretty awesome since you can do so much with it, altho it will take time to learn how to do it.

Deleted
    i used grid + mouseover before, but i personally like Vuhdo better now. Customized it a bit and it is the addon im personally comfortable with.
    The addon that you like the most will probably be the addon you heal the best with.

I can have someone set up a very good grid + clique addon settings, but if i can't work with the system or dont like it that much. Then vuhdo or healbot can still be better for me then a configuration the High end guild healers use.

my 10 cents about this ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    i've used the games ui, for 5 years, and I've had no problem with it. ( i know some people who CAN NOT heal with out healbot)

don't forget about decrusive best healing addon ever! when some one starts healing thats the first addon i tell them to get.
    Last edited by Linry; 2010-12-01 at 02:16 PM. Reason: decrusive
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Vuhdo FTW!

Personally I used Grid + Clique. By far the easiest to customize, and the one I had the least errors and trouble with.

Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    <3 vuhdo + clique
    You's trollin? Vuhdo has its own inbuilt version of clique (same functionality's)

Anywho, Vuhdo <3

Deleted
    Healbot is so much easier to use. I've started healing on my pally like 2 weeks ago, and healbot was by far the best one for beginners.

I just use Clique with default raid frames.

I've tried a lot of different healing addons for the healing classes out there and just haven't found one that I either:

A. Like

B. Can easily configure

I've seen people use Grid and it looks really nice. Can't figure out how to customize it in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to me. I've tried Healbot. Hated it. Tried Clique. No dice. At the moment I'm using Xperl's raid frames and mouseover macros for all my heal spells and it works out fairly well. I'd be willing to give Grid a try if there was some guide out there that made configuring the thing easier.
    "What's your Vector, Victor?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive tried both grid and healbot, and don't like either of them to be honest. Although i think i might have to try out this Vuhdo, seems to be a few people here that favor it. Wish me luck.

In Vanilla i got into the habbit of using the CTmod pack that contained the heal bar that diplayed the ones who needed healing most and you could mouseover it like healbot. So once the rules for addons got changed (late vanilla or start tbc?) and this did not work naturally i changed to healbot seeing as it was the closest thing to CTmod's. used it through tbc but come wotlk i changed to grid and i like it alot, it dont take up alot of space it can be customized further that healbot and its just a simple yet great addon.

With the new Blizzard ui raid pack you dont really need an addon, but habbits prevail i still use grid but in a year i dont know, there are still some weaknesses with grid if you got alot of chars even if i made seperate profiles sometimes the wrong one gets loaded and blizzards just works. But it still needs some things before its as good.

Vuhdo is by far the best, it is developed by an active player and therefor always up to date on patch day

I'd have to say it comes down to how much work you plan on putting into the addon before it works as you'd like. I have tried Healbot, Grid + Clique, and Vuhdo and this is what I've found from them for Pros and Cons.

Healbot Pros -
    Quickest out of the box set up
    Has nice Profiles/Premade visual settings built in

Healbot Cons -
    A little clunky
    Somewhat restrictive in customization

Grid + Clique Pros -
    Great customization
    Easy to swap clique profiles based on active spec
    Very lightweight (imo)

Grid + Clique Cons -
    Takes a bit of time to set up how you like
    Requires additional addons for specific features (I.E. monitoring HoTs more effectively)

Vuhdo Pros/Cons -
    Personally I never liked Vuhdo so I don't know any of its Pros, I have heard other healers swear by its name, however when I tried Vuhdo out, it came with so many options and I had no idea where to begin, I became overwhelmed and went back to my comfortable Grid + Clique combo.

I think the difference for me was that I was shown this great page for resto druids to set up Grid in an effective manner to monitor HoTs across your entire raid (tried to post the link but my post count is still too low if you goggle "resto4life grid box" you can find it) maybe if I was given a similar page for setting up Vuhdo I'd give it another shot, however I've been using Grid + Clique for a few years now and it has yet to disappoint me (except for the fact that the newest version of grid doesn't have the /grid standby command to hid the frames anymore, unless I'm missing it or not up to date?) I also use Grid on all my toons just because it's a nice lightweight unit frame addon that can dispaly a lot of information in a small window - however the new Blizzard Raid/Party Frame UI is really nice, but Grid still takes the cake for me.

Overall - you should try come of them out and see what you enjoy the most - my suggestion is grab Healbot first to see if you even like healing with mouseover/clicks to raid frames - if you do and desire more customization pick Grid+Clique or Vuhdo and customize to your hearts content!

Neither. Use VuhDo. :P

VuhDo does have a lot of options but that's what makes it so awesome. The first time I tried it, I got overwhelmed and went back to Healbot. I decided to try it again a few weeks ago and I actually sat down and took the time to go through the options and see what they did. After like half an hour of tinkering I had it set up in a way I was comfortable with and let me tell you, I'll never go back to Healbot again.

There's a couple tutorial videos on YouTube for VuhDo that walk you through its features. Give those a try, I believe they're linked on VuhDo's Curse page in the description.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2010-12-01 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    healbot:
    Plx mark the tanks I cannot heal them otherwise! Thanks!

Grid:
    ????

conclusion:

get grid
    ???
    Profit
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Other than the fact that you've run into some people who don't know how to use their addons. That has absolutely nothing to do with healbot or grid.