Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    WoW, Amazon must be giving you a decent payment for the back links and product placement. I also wouldn't recommend stating prices either unless you've started only catering for your American readers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    I'm glad they're getting nerfed. They were bad asses in Wrath as it is.

I'm worried about Arms warriors. They are doing sick damage in PvP. Fury was dumbed to shit with the new patch but that's ok, new gear from Cata will put us ahead of everyone else until they nerf us again.
    What has nerfing armor for DK tanks anything to do with pvp or being bad ass?

Deleted
    Ati fanboy? sigh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit -- BTW, I had to make this because I want to warn those who want to purchase an HDD. Never ever ever ever EVER purchase a Western Digital Green Edition for your operating system or to do heavy tasks like encoding videos within the HDD! Green and Blue editions are for Video storage or other extremely small and minor tasks which you want to store away or not use for a while. Black Editions are the beasts you wanna aim for your operating system and heavy tasks, like gaming and video encoding.
    I guess that's why he used SSD + HDD in combination.
    Green for storage, SSD for games + OS.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Define silly choice. (And I mean, really silly, not arguing about a 3% perf gain, this isn't a hardware site )
    I think I know what he means. Besides I would agree I bought my computer and put it all together for cheaper 2 months ago, prices of a build similar to above the average posted one. I built my system and with a 28" 1920x1200 Hanns-G screen all for about 1200-1300, and that's getting all the parts OS not included. I have followed prices since and my build would be like $150 cheaper now. Only thing my comp lacks from those listed is more GPU memory. As far as a WoW player should be concerned my build runs everything at ultra except shading.

Then again if its pre-built then I guess those prices would be reasonable for most people then since there is quite a process of getting it all together, although it isn't hard to either. I'd mainly argue with prices, high-end is above what WoW needs I am pretty sure.

Somebody introduce Chaud to Newegg please?

---------- Post added 2010-11-25 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    What's with the video card bias toward radeon? Some of us prefer nvidia over radeon for a multitude of reasons.
    Nvidia also dropped prices on most of their cards buy 40-60%, so no need for bias anymore either, the prices are matched and Nvidia has always amazed me more than Radeon, sorry.

---------- Post added 2010-11-25 at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I guess that's why he used SSD + HDD in combination.
    Green for storage, SSD for games + OS.

Sounds reasonable to me.
    Storage choices were legit I wont say much for the rest, though don't exaggerate too much, it could be worse, but still as a recommendation it really isn't good builds for most of them.

I am sure most of those builds for lower ends could actually be a bit cheaper, average definitely overpriced by a couple hundred (a good avg comp atm would be ~$1000, not to far above it either) as many can attest to, the top end build doesn't seem to be impressive, but for a WoW player its not like they would need much out of high end, the extra performance would be negligible.
    Last edited by jayremy; 2010-11-25 at 10:34 AM.

I wonder if we can get some credentials from chaud. Sounds like he just searched up computer parts and listed them out by price without knowing if they're worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    I can't help but wonder when the last time was that you looked at a CRT monitor beside a LCD or LED. Even without one sitting next to me I can remember the horrible quality of CRT.

It's true, they have come a long way.

Now, I'm not sure what's what when it comes to monitors, but when you get to 1920x1080, at that point only screen size upgrades anything, doesn't it? The other point is that when you build a new computer, you NEED all those components as it is. There's no reason to right away go for a +$60 keyboard when you can just get a cheapie $15 basic one. Considering it "Something that can be upgraded later." While the other parts can, things like monitors/keyboard/mouse are way easier to replace/upgrade, and at that point it's purely optional.

Deleted
    Blood Presence now increases armor contribution from items by 30%, down from 60%.
    This looks like quite a severe nerf... Is it? I'm not that experienced with DK Tanking, but I hope I'll actually still be able to do so.

Also, yay, new AtlasLoot! Time to make a checklist of the loot I need in Cataclysm...

So i see 1k$ is the new 700€.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    What has nerfing armor for DK tanks anything to do with pvp or being bad ass?
    You'll be fine tanking and the armor contribution from gear should be sufficient enough to make you equivalent with the other tanks. Bears took a big hit a long while back. The armor base on equipment is very high (inflated to put it in other words).

Edit -- is anyone else having trouble trying to visit curse.com? ...
    Last edited by Tatsujin; 2010-11-25 at 11:15 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yawnteh View Post
    I'm still unable to complete Uther's tribute.
    Same.
    Any blues on this so far?
    Naaren, Savior of Azeroth

when I was a little kid, my mother told me not to stare unto the Sun...
    ...so once when I was six, I did.

Deleted
    Low end for 778$ kekekeke ^_^ I guess am in Hell level then

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    I am going to agree with you. Most of the recommended equipment is trash, not worth it or risky to purchase. The high end video card right now is GTX 580 and until GTX 595 comes out (which will literally dominate for a long while). The high end mouse is stupid garbage ... Razer Naga for a high end mouse. Did that guy even do his homework before recommending these products? Razer Naga IS the mouse for WoW. I can go on and on and on ... but I had to register this because I want a response back from MMO-Champion's admins:

You guys have teamed up with Curse.com, right? What the hell is going on with curse.com? It has been down for more than a week now. I keep trying to refresh the page. I did on FF and IE and I tried on other computers and other internet connections. I mean, this is nuts man. I know curse.com is famous but do they even have reliable servers to start with? Do they have backup pages in-case the website goes down? Wow-interface only has some rare addons that curse.com doesn't carry and they're usually behind when an addon gets updated. When will curse.com be online? ....
    A lot of people do not like the Razer Naga, and recommending WoW-specific hardware is kinda risky/limited.

I'm not even going to argue about the whole Nvidia/AMD thing. That's exactly the reason why I waited so long to start posting that kind of stuff.

And huh, there was a DNS change on Curse but it was like a week ago ... I'd whine at your ISP or your router, not at Curse.

I don't see why the Intel i7 930 is liste as high end when you can get the AMD Phenom II x6 1090 Black Edition for less and it's about as fast as the Intel i7 980

I can't post links but look for"AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Review" at overclockersclub . com

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    I don't see why the Intel i7 930 is liste as high end when you can get the AMD Phenom II x6 1090 Black Edition for less and it's about as fast as the Intel i7 980

I can't post links but look for"AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Review" at overclockersclub . com
    lol, no it's not.

---------- Post added 2010-11-25 at 06:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post

"About as fast" = "half as fast?"
    cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Edit: I got a ton of requests via PM about personal builds. Just wanted to let you guys know I got them and I'll respond to each one in the morning.
    Last edited by talonp; 2010-11-25 at 11:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Curse referral links in the hardware suggestions made me lol.

I approve of the new feature (there's a lot of people posting threads like "what computer should I get?" these past few months), though some moderation is still required. And what's up with all the AMD hate? Yes, the new GTX 580 is indeed very fast but the Radeon 5970 is still faster and more powerful (and yet, much older). Keep in mind, there's the new series of Radeon coming out (including the all new Radeon 6990) which will probably beat anything Nvidia launches on the market. I don't want to sound like a fanboy here, but offering advice that is only tied to one side (and not even mentioning the alternative) is pretty much the wrong approach. We are looking for the best possibly solutions for the right price and people should always consider everything before making a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    I approve of the new feature (there's a lot of people posting threads like "what computer should I get?" these past few months), though some moderation is still required. And what's up with all the AMD hate? Yes, the new GTX 580 is indeed very fast but the Radeon 5970 is still faster and more powerful (and yet, much older). Keep in mind, there's the new series of Radeon coming out (including the all new Radeon 6990) which will probably beat anything Nvidia launches on the market. I don't want to sound like a fanboy here, but offering advice that is only tied to one side (and not even mentioning the alternative) is pretty much the wrong approach. We are looking for the best possibly solutions for the right price and people should always consider everything before making a purchase.
    The 5970 is faster (sometimes) because it's a dual-GPU card. Thus you need to rely heavily on drivers and CrossFireX profiles. I'm not an Nvidia or AMD fanboy, but right now, the GTX 580 is the best single-GPU card in the world. The 6970 and 6990 are going to be awesome, no doubt. Of course, the 6990 will be another dual-GPU solutions-- but this time, Nvidia has one on the way as well. The ultimate battle in 2011 will be the GTX 595 vs. the HD 6990.

Any news on the areas where we can fish for these high-end fish? What are these areas near new high level zones?

Might get in some stock now ahead of Cata release.

Quote Originally Posted by marrakoosh View Post
    Any news on the areas where we can fish for these high-end fish? What are these areas near new high level zones?

Might get in some stock now ahead of Cata release.
    Too late, that's already been hotfixed!
    This space is available for rent!